Multiple Cores and Unauthorizing Units for Demos (ref#UXR1O7)

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Description of Issue

I’m a dealer and have units with multiple cores. How can I stop from having to unauthorize each unit to facilitate demos

Roon Server Platform

Roon Server Specifications

Grimm Audio MU1 and MU2

Connected Audio Devices

grimm mu2 to preamp (xlr). mu1 to mola mola tambaqui (AES/EBU)

Home Network Details

DejitterIt SwitchX and WiFiX

Purchase more licenses.
If want them all on the same account (email address), which may be the best option for you, Roon’s @accounts team can facilitate.

2 Likes

Hi Carl. I appreciate your brief response. I do realize that’s the easy answer to my issue but the reason why I started this whole submission was due to reading this post regarding the same issue/discussion. I assumed that there may be another work around or option to consider.

1 Like

Here is the link to the discussion where the screenshot came from. Thanks.

@theaudioassociation, another volunteer mod here similar to @Carl. I’m not clear what you are requesting. Roon’s license model allows an unlimited number of Roon Server computers to be allowed, but the total number of Roon licenses you have limits how many simultaneous authorized Roon Servers are active at any given moment. As Danny notes, it does not matter if they are tied to the same account or not (you would just have a different login credential if not on the same account).

As Carl stated, if you want to have multiple Roon Servers running concurrently, you need a license for each concurrent use.

Hello Robert. Thanks for the additional details. The key word is “simultaneous”. Many times we need two cores being utilized at the same time in different audition rooms. It’s clear to me now that in order to facilitate this we’d need an additional license.

Sorry if this is an ignorant question but is a subscription the same as a license? I just went to my account and the only thing it says to “add” to my account is a subscription. One in the same? If not, how to I purchase an additional license under the same account?

You can add a subscription to your existing account. That way, you can have two Roon servers active at the same time. You can also have other Roon servers but will need to deactivate one server when you activate another one. You can also have more than two subscriptions if you want to pay for them and have a need. I have three.

The reason you want to use two subscriptions on your single Roon account is so you can backup and restore from one server to the other to keep them in sync. You can also have both connected to your single Tidal or Qobuz accounts and they will automatically stay in sync. If you add a Tidal or Qobuz album to one server, it will automatically get added to the other server by Tidal or Qobuz.

Edit: my mistake, I didn’t realize each Grimm is a separate core. Get your credit card out :joy:

Thanks Robert… appreciate the clarification.

I am assuming that you would want to add a license to your current account, NOT, create additional accounts. To do this, you would start a discussion with Roon’s account team as that option is not available directly on the website.

Nothing wrong with discussing with @beka

1 Like

LOL! :laughing: Yup… Love that function but as you noted, 2 cores don’t play well in the sandbox at the same time!

1 Like

Thanks @Rugby and @Jim_F. So I start a conversation with Roon’s account team about adding a “license”? I did notice that the website doesn’t allow for anything other than adding a subscription. Sure don’t make these matters easy to navigate.

He’s running a business, needs it to run multiple cores ( Grimms ) Beka can deliver
the goods undoubtedly. It’s a write off for the company after all, it’s just has to run smoothly and seamlessly during demonstrations.
Best call Jim, he gets with Beka :+1:t2:

So just reach out to @beka to get more details on Licenses?

1 Like

Just look at the PM I sent you.

1 Like

Contact @beka

Maybe they have a business license agreement of some sort. IDK.

1 Like

I didn’t do my homework :face_with_peeking_eye: Best luck mate!

I thought you were exactly on point, he should contact Beka as you recommended. She will know how to best relieve him of some cash :moneybag:

@OffRode - Not sure I like the sound of handing over :moneybag: :moneybag: :moneybag:.

yes… in Anaheim Hills “… trying to make a living and doing the best I can…”

1 Like