Multiple Streaming / Family Accounts and Roon Profiles (Tidal, Qobuz, ...)

New user here evaluating trial. Love how rich the interface is.

However, no solution for multiple tidal accounts (via family subscription) may be a deal breaker for me…

+1 Tidal Family support

An online family account tide to roon does not trump all the work they have done; yes, I give it to you… Would it been cool? sure. But roon has put in major work to bring things that really matter and transcend roon to other levels.

Well done roon, ill stay here and wait for your releases.

Things that really matters depends on people needs and usage….

I’d like to second this one. This has become an issue for me. I got a TIDAL family plan so I could listen to TIDAL at work while my wife worked at home where she could be listening to Roon. Unfortunately, this does not work because Roon will only recognize one TIDAL account for all of Roon. I think there should be the ability to assign different TIDAL accounts to individual Roon profiles under the Roon account.

3 Likes

Thank you for all the good work on the software; very happy with Roon Arc. However, the use of multiple Tidal accounts (even better: a per profile connection to one of the external services) is much needed as well. Thank you in advance!

2 Likes

It strikes me that this hurts Roon more than it hurts the streaming services … and I say this as someone who has held off subscribing to any music service because of the lack of proper usability with Roon.

If I we paid close to $20 per month for a “family” and my wife couldn’t use a service because I’m using it elsewhere with Roon that would NOT fly.

The long term value is still in physical media because you control the content. Everything else is a convenience … until it disappears or becomes too restrictive to easily use.

Absolutely adding my voice for one Tidal account per profile, as an option.

This is the last barrier to get my SO to start using roon day to day now roon Arc exists

1 Like

I just did a search to see how to do it. I huess you can’t!!

I have Sonos and it allows multiple family members on Tidal through different names.

Did you vote for it at the top of the topic?
Thanks

Recently signed up for Roon, everything is great, but really sad to see that my wife can’t use her own Tidal account with her own Roon profile. Kind of defeats the purpose of profiles.
I even transferred all her Spotify music to Tidal, for her to be able to use Roon, just to discover it doesn’t work. Please develop this feature, it’s more or less a deal-breaker. I don’t want all of my wife’s RnB playlists in my Tidal. And she doesn’t want my Techno in hers.

1 Like

Hi @Malte_Ehlers,
Welcome to Roon.
You can vote for this and any feature suggestion at the top of the topic. This way Roon staff can keep track and hopefully pick up our need for this feature.

Cheers,
Joost

Thanks. I already voted at the top :slight_smile:

Voted at the top. I agree with everyone else here. This is the last barrier for me. As my trial ends, I’ve already had 1 argument with the wife over this exact issue so this feature will be the deciding factor of whether I buy a lifetime subscription (I really do love it but am not a bachelor anymore) or go back to picore player.

Voted. I’m trialling Roon and was so happy with it I already got a NUC and got it installed and now I find out that I can’t have my wife or kids use it while I’m using it because Roon can’t be set up for each family member to use their own Qobuz (Family sub-)account.

It’s weird to have to explain to my wife “when you play music in the living room, nobody else can play music anywhere else”.

2 Likes

Why do you think this is the case? You can have multiple streams from Qobuz playing to Roon Zones independently. The constraint is that Roon only caters for one Qobuz account. Nothing to do with playing multiple streams simultaneously from that account.

1 Like

+1
I am sorry to hear about this feature request. I thought that managing profiles in Roon would allow linking Tidal accounts by profiles. I use both Tidal and my local music equally. I was hoping to gather my usage within an application through Roon in order to mix my playlists. My partner wants the same thing and uses Tidal in the same way, so we are stuck. Unfortunately, without this feature, Roon does not provide any real added value for my usage.
I will gladly return to Roon once the feature is available!
Thank you team :slight_smile:

There’s nothing to stop you and your partner having your own Playlists separate from each other. That’s the point of Roon’s Profiles.

And Playlists can draw from the entire Tidal catalogue, so while you would just be using the one Tidal account in Roon, the Playlists can be individual and separate per Roon Profile.

The big shortcoming is that there is one Roon Library that is shared between multiple user Profiles. But Playlists do not have to be tied to Library content alone. As I say, they can draw upon the entire Tidal catalogue.

1 Like

Yes, that’s what we tried to do without any problems. However, as previously mentioned, about half of our playlists consist of music from Tidal. So, if by unfortunate chance (which happens regularly given the distribution of our music), one of our music gets cut off due to the restriction of the single Tidal account, it becomes difficult to use as it is. (Once again, this is based on my usage.)

Not sure I understand you - you should be able to stream different tracks to multiple Zones simultaneously from a single Tidal or Qobuz account…

Indeed, I have just run more tests and it works quite well! I don’t understand because during my first test, I had cutouts when I tried to play Tidal music simultaneously in different zones. There is still a restriction regarding simultaneous Tidal and Roon listening, but I suppose it is possible to work around this by using Roon Arc when I am not at home (without the offline mode, which seems logical to me) and enjoy mixed playlists. I will run the test and also check that simultaneous listening via Roon Arc works, if so, I think that the missing multi-profile / multi-account management for Roon / Tidal will not be a blocking problem. (In any case, thank you for this exchange).