Multiple Streaming / Family Accounts and Roon Profiles (Tidal, Qobuz, ...)

+1 for Tidal family support

4 Likes

Absolutely a crucial feature to enable profile specific Tidal Accounts. I’m not able to introduce my family members to Roon - a setup, I’ve spend considerable time and money to setup, and only end up using by myself.

Migrating my family from Spotify Family plan to Tidal Family was a hurdle in it’s self, and now there’s no option to get them to Roon. With the 119 €/year cost, I was expecting such a feature be a given.

I hope you’ll be able to address this oversight in a near future software update.

5 Likes

They need to have proper individual profiles before this can happen, which it does need. Something like Plex does.

4 Likes

+1 for Tidal family support

4 Likes

+1 for Tidal’s family plan support

4 Likes

+1 here

Just bought a life subscription + Nucleus+ server, seriously investing in this as our home’s audio infrastructure.

How can a concept that is aimed to be the omnipresent audio system on a home network, connecting to multiple endpoints and rooms, not support all family members living under that same home network.

That doesn’t seem to me like a marginal feature, but one that strategically supports the core intent of the Roon network-based product philosophy.

It would also get a multiplication of users converted onto the roon platform (kids who then become adults and spawn their own networks). Thinking long term here makes this smart business.

6 Likes

Adding my +1. My Tidal library is curated. I don’t want my recommendation engine there polluted with my wife or daughter’s music tastes. And I’d wager they would feel the same about me. :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Adding my +1 too. there is a lot of stuff that’s not common to the family, wife, son, daughter, and while 2k albums might not seem big compared to many libraries here, it can be a bit overwhelming to browse.

Its not a deal breaker for me, but I know it would increase adoption by the rest of the family. My wife and daughter rarely use Roon.

5 Likes

Although I don’t use Tidal, I would love full support of family use, (I use Qobuz who have recently introduced a family plan).

Current profile implementation is not up to the job…

2 Likes

+1 for Qobuz Family

1 Like

+1 for TIDAL family

3 Likes

@moderators - Please move this thread to Feature Requests. Thanks. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@David_Snyder, done.

3 Likes

+1
Yes, please add the possibility to have a streaming account per user in Roon with each user one having his own favorites. All the major services - Tidal, Spotify and recently Qobuz - now offer a family plan with accounts per family member.

3 Likes

+1 for Tidal family profile support

2 Likes

Could be great to be able to synchronize the profiles/accounts of a family plan in Qobuz and Tidal with the Roon profiles and not just link the QOBUZ/TIDAL account to all the accounts.

Thanks

5 Likes

I took advantage of the 3-months for $1.99 deal to demo Roon. Overall my wife and I love it, except for the lack of real profiles and not being able to switch between our Tidal users along with Roon profiles. In all honesty, as much as I really like Roon, this lack of feature may end up being a deal breaker for us and we may not continue with Roon after the 3-month trial period.
Knowing that this feature is on the roadmap would help keep us around as paying customers…

1 Like

I have a family Tidal subscription with multiple playlists for each member of the family. We all play MQA Masters and the current Roon approach feels like an old NAS style approach. I would like to see support for Tidal Family subscriptions, in order to maintain individual playlists as part of the Roon license.

Happy to beta test and feedback as required with Meridian 210, Innuous 1TB and multiple iOS and Android devices (inc Android TV).

4 Likes

+1 for Tidal family profile support

1 Like

This is so long over due - I don’t understand how a product that is supposed to enable a household across multiple devices doesn’t allow for multiple users streaming on its connected streaming services - this makes an assumption that all roon-ready devices at home are used by a single user - it’s a real product fail in terms of understanding the core use case of multiple home devices

7 Likes