Music Germany corner

This album is certainly not for friends of the charts. Here East German rock groups play on, which are not known even in West Germany by every rocker.

a few pictorial suggestions

1 Like

Ludwig GĂŒttler a conductor and trumpeter of world renown was born in 1943 in the Erzgebirge. The leading trumpet virtuoso literally has a full professorship for trumpet and a large body of work that needs to be further explored. I am grateful that Roon keeps reminding me of my narrow knowledge of classical music and expands it with this community. I gladly give back ideas and thoughts on worthwhile music in all genres that I listen too.

I see so many recommendations where I need to work my way in, but will in the coming years, God willing.

https://play.qobuz.com/album/0845221080031

We will get a bit closer to the Saxon virtuosos with this presentation.

Thanks to the Roon team for making this experience possible.

RoonShareImage-637708664442432701

Also a German band. And this album sounds really good (speaking for the original master!).

2 Likes

Great album :+1:

1 Like

Irish-Folk-Rock made in Germany. The first track of this album called “Land of Green” is one of my all time favourites!
RoonShareImage-637709572306490193

2 Likes

That’s a great reminder, doesn’t exist in streaming and were already resolved in the early 90s. Youtube still has it:

and it is also part of my collection.

2 Likes

I am and allways be a CD guy, and luckily I bought this album. Sounds so much better than the YT-Video :wink:

1 Like

I got another one. This time a bit more obscure. It’s a mix out of Metal and Hardrock with the instrumentation you would rather consider with Chamber Music. Coppelius call their style of music “Kammercore” based on “Kammermusik” and “Metalcore”. RoonShareImage-637710386864978786

1 Like

I would classify them with Prog.Rock if only this album is rated. A genre that I listen to and collect, but here is total absence with me. I also can not immediately include it in my music heart.

Hmmm, they kind of fitting in Prog.Rock and kind of don’t. It’s definitley not the first genre I am thinking of when I’m listening to their music.
But I do understand for not liking them, it’s a very special maybe odd sound.

Felix Klieser is a professinal german musician, who plays his French Horn with his feet. He was born without arms and mastered his instrument on an alternative way.
RoonShareImage-637711271106381262

1 Like

A band from Bavaria (Ingolstadt) with an interesting genre mix of ska, punk, country and some more.
The tracks “How To Be Happy”, “Eeasy Street” and “Lonesome Road” are highly recomended.
RoonShareImage-637712055795244239

1 Like

now we feed once again the Germany corner with a pure German genre. Here really the good old German Schlager of the 50s and 60s.

Tracks des Albums

Not really my type of music, but indeed very German.
And that’s the beautiful on music, there are so many different genres, everyone gonna find something for his/her liking.

1 Like

I am glad that I like so many genres. I once thought I couldn’t listen to rap/hip-hop because I didn’t like it. But if you look closer at it with the experts (my nephew), you realize, hey, there’s some really good music. Here there are also some experts with metal, classical and jazz area, they have very interesting recommendations.

Actually, they say that the listening habits are already pronounced in youth. That may be true for many preferences, but I did not combine new age with hard rock or punk / new wave with old hits. I used to find folk music terrible and also immediately deselected Discofox, now I listen more closely everywhere.

But this also makes me a difficult case for automatic recommendation systems. With family accounts and easy presorting I then also have the nice subtleties in each genre and so I came across the very old German music of the 50s and 60s. There was then even the interest aroused to dive into even older vintages.

The music lover of classical music would recommend to wander not only decades, but centuries through the music. Of course, these good roots must never be forgotten, otherwise nothing will grow.

1 Like

3 Likes

1 Like

Hard to believe, German in retirement age loves Krautrock, has built a large collection with passion decades and has not yet opened a can of beans. Can anyone understand that?

and this musical food is culinary delight. Thank you

and then just discovered this

for something like this my ear is very receptive

Rock 5 tracks 01h 30m 02s © Laut (translate with deepl)

At the end of the 90s Can released “Music (Live 1971-1977)”, a double CD with live recordings from their archives. However, a whole concert of them has not been available on record yet. This changes now with “Live In Stuttgart 1975”.

The album, which is released as a double CD and triple LP, is the prelude to a five-part series of live recordings. These were made possible by Andrew Hall, a British fan who recorded a total of 44 concerts of the band in Europe from 1973 onwards with a Sony cassette recorder hidden in his trousers. Moreover, his bootleg archive grew to several hundred recordings, as he asked other fans to send their own cassettes to him, since he could not travel to every single gig of the formation. This was fortunate, as technical glitches prevented the Cologne band from releasing a proper live record at or after the time of their existence.

Irmin Schmidt restored the bootleg recordings together with producer and sound engineer RenĂ© Tinner using the technical means of the 21st century in order to present them in the best possible quality. The two have more than succeeded in doing so, because you can hardly hear that “Live In Stuttgart 1975” is a bootleg. The sound comes out of the speakers much too well-balanced.

Musically, one encounters purely instrumental jams, which can be considered as snapshots, just like the band’s studio albums. Irmin Schmidt’s psychedelic organ introduces “Stuttgart 75 Eins”, which develops into a loose improvisation that breathes the spirit of Miles Davis’ “Bitches Brew”. Jaki Liebezeit drives the number rhythmically with tight drum sounds, while Holger Czukay elicits almost whole melodies from his bass and Michael Karoli sets rocky accents on his guitar. At the end, the band really turns loose with passionate string work, wild drumming and inventive bass playing. The remaining jams also culminate in an exciting finale.

In the following “Stuttgart 75 Zwei,” a certain opulence comes to the fore as one hears expansive organ, melodic guitar, snappy drums and lively bass tones. As the playing time increases, Karoli takes the improvisation into more and more emotional spheres, so that one almost thinks of Terje Rypdal. At the end you get psychedelic space rock, as Hawkwind couldn’t have done it better.

Repetitive drum, bass and guitar grooves with occasional organ interjections can be heard in “Stuttgart 75 Drei”, which drags on too much due to Karoli’s rather monotonous motifs. But the guitarist shows his unleashed side towards the end to variable drums, insane organ and growling bass, which compensates a little for the lengths before.

The highlight of the concert follows with “Stuttgart 75 Vier”. It lives from a nocturnal melancholic atmosphere and incredibly sensitive guitar melodies that make your heart swell. Nevertheless, it may be a little madness, the end is quite chaotic and dissonant.

Finally, the concluding “Stuttgart 75 FĂŒnf” completely lacks comprehensible structures. To cautious drum sounds, guitar sprinkles and accentuating bass play, billowing organ tones float above the improvisation. In the middle there is no stopping Can when they create an unparalleled orgy of noise with swirling drum and dissonant organ sounds as well as distorted string work.

All in all, “Live In Stuttgart 1975” is a testimony to the manifold qualities of the Cologne band and shows a quartet whose creativity was still as untamed as before Damo Suzuki’s departure in 1973. So one can be extremely curious about the further parts.

3 Likes

Another great album from my youth! Ok, late youth.

2 Likes