Music Germany corner

The children to power, a 1995 declaration of love for his city of Bochum and intense attention to the audience. Live with many more unmistakable songs from the Ruhrpott.

What does he want to tell us with the cover unspeakable?

Herbert Grönemeyer created incomparable moments of singing together with the audience even before his career breakthrough and was the first German-language singer on MTV.

A truly great in lyrics and unmistakable singing not only in Germany

3 Likes

Another album of excellent Doom metal from Wheel

2 Likes

For those, who are interessted in german Power Metal and in Tolkiens “The Silmarillion”
RoonShareImage-637726037126779829

2 Likes

Been a while since I listened to this. I need to give it another listen

2 Likes

3 Likes

After listening to Nightfall in Middle-Earth I have gone back to the well for some more

1 Like

I continue a little more quiet and contemplative…

https://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Karussell_(tape)

Now we reach for the phone, the carousel turns and Dirk Michaelis are about leaving the GDR?

Let us remember the German Elvis with this:

I also love the music of the 50s and 60s and certainly here was the heyday of Ted Herold.

The good old rock’n’roll has not only produced Elvis and is still today at many a party mood maker.

Who can still dance this style so perfectly today?

1 Like

Today I rediscovered 12 cellists of the Berlin Philharmonic in my collection. Light melodious sounds for my ears. Perhaps I will succeed in giving a little pleasure to our genre experts for this instrument.

https://play.qobuz.com/album/5099960850157

1 Like

Another medieval rock band. The first track “Walpurgisnacht” on this album is one of their best ones.
RoonShareImage-637732067094038625

2 Likes

Going to give it a try :+1:t2:

1 Like

Mourning for actor and singer:
Volker Lechtenbrink died

Life as I like it is now over for him, but he has left us a lot. Let us enjoy and take to heart his musical lyrics, a better memory he would never have wished.

He has certainly not sold his soul for the music, but made his contribution.

2 Likes

This time a band singing in a strong bavarian dialect. Often their lyrics are dark and melancholic themed but they have also songs with black humor or more optimistic topics.
These are two songs I do really like:
RoonShareImage-637733768900888599
RoonShareImage-637733769241934013

2 Likes

Fury in the Slaughterhouse is a Rock-Band from Hannover.
IMHO these are some tracks worth listening to.

RoonShareImage-637735477954117292
RoonShareImage-637735458786287325
RoonShareImage-637735459228703464
RoonShareImage-637735464315438252

2 Likes

In my home country and in my small village, people associate a lot with the name von Flotow, but the German Opera was certainly not one of them. The last administrator of the local noble estate lived only a few hundred meters away, just a glance through the window. A famous composer of classical music came from this noble house. More precisely, of German Romanticism.

Friedrich von Flotow, in collaboration with Friedrich Wilhelm Riese, created the libretti for the operas Alessandro Stradella (first performed in 1844) and Martha oder Der Markt zu Richmond (first performed in 1847). From 1828 he studied composition with Anton Reicha and piano with Johann Peter Pixis at the Conservatoire de Paris. There he became friends with Charles Gounod and Jacques Offenbach, among others. So, with the help of Roon, it was only a matter of time before Martha or the Last Rose would also run straight into my arms with this also musical family history.

Of course, it is not the small northern German villages between Hamburg and Berlin where these operas were premiered, but it shows how small this world sometimes is when lines of thought or musical connection with Mecklenburg roots arise. Roon showed me compositions with von Flotow’s name on them and I gratefully accepted. The classical path was laid anew in me here by Andreas. The path is now paved and exciting musical journeys await me.

Today I may take all friends of these compositions again on the pleasant musical journey. It is only illustrated what I have already enjoyed with pleasure.

1 Like

1 Like

Great music, a great voice and a fantastic sounding record. The whole EP is worth a listening!

2 Likes

https://i.imgur.com/4D3WUb2.png

Born and raised in Berlin, THALA (pronounced TAH-LAH) began performing music publicly in 2019 as a street musician, at open mic events and within some months was performing as support to some well known international artists and thus drawing the attention of many in the music industry. THALA combines a dreamy soundscape with thoughtful lyrics and brings back some retro vibes from the 70s mixed with 80/90s shoegaze and psych, drawing on influences from the likes of Mazzy Star, Beach House, Cigarettes After Sex and The Brian Jonestown Massacre.” [Born Losers Records]

2 Likes

This means that things are going steeply uphill.

Great!

1 Like

Yes indeed @Uwe_Albrecht , and here’s a recent release fom a band founded in Cologne, Germany who has not lost their touch…

https://i.imgur.com/hELFgHV.png

" Emerging as the duo of Mic Jogwer and Thomas Elbern in 1985, Pink Turns Blue embraced the influences of bands such as The Chameleons, Clan of Xymox, and The Cure. Time since has seen the band release eleven albums as their sound has evolved, as too the band’s line-up with Tainted the outcome of the united invention of Jogwer (vocals, guitar), Reubi Walter (bass, keyboards) and Paul Richter (drums). From its first eighties new wave and post punk beginnings and breath, the band has musically drawn on further flavours without losing their seemingly almost effortless agility at creating the catchiness propositions from within the darkest shadows. Tainted weaves essences reminding of artists such as The Sound, Interpol, Joy Division, The Callas and Holograms into its lament but only forges a richly fresh involvement of recognisably Pink Turns Blue uniqueness." [Ringmaster Review]

2 Likes