Music library Disappeared After 2.0 1223 Production Update [Hotfix Build 1234 Released]

It’a Mac OS Extended (Journaled) volume.

Locally connected (USB).

The drive is fine. Nothing has changed but the version of Roon. Roon will see and read from it if I disable it in Roon, exit, restart, and then enable it again.

Though there are other issues since the update … probably related, such as it randomly deciding there is new music (usually 16 or 33 tracks), and then it’ll sit “Adding music to library” indefinitley …

It’s interesting that it’s not just a macOS problem. Which makes me think there’s an issue with a third-party library/dependency.

Tried changing views, makes no difference.

The only music that shows as “Available” is that I’ve added to the library from Tidal and Qobuz.

Going on 36+ hours since this critical issue has been reported where after the 1223 update, Roon is completely useless to me as a music player - Music library disappeared. There has been no acknowledgement from the Roon Technical Support team at all. I have seen technical responses to other issues that are less critical in nature. With multiple folks reporting a similar issue, I would expect at least some type of communication on an issue that makes Roon unusable.

2 Likes

Your post was separated for the reason explained in the other thread which you responded to.
FTR moderators are Roon users, like you & I, who are trying to help resolve issues while we wait for support to pick up on individual threads.
It’s a pain when things go wrong but often a quick exchange of ideas will resolve the problem.
I hope someone gets to resolve your problem soon :crossed_fingers:t4:

No reason given unless I’m missing something.

It was mentioned that similar faults can have different causes, so the thread was split.

It’s probably clearer for the support team if they can see separate reports for “similar” faults to get a sense of scale of an issue. I guess multiple reports are likely to get more attention if it appears that something fairly major (affecting many users) is happening.

Just a thought…:pray:

Hi, yesterday I posted pretty much the same thing happening to me, but I have an Innuos server so I posted it under #audio-gear-talk:innuos . It was suggested I move it to #support , which I have. Here is the original post. I’m having the exact same issue since the latest Roon update. My local files have vanished from my Library. Only Tidal files remain. And I am also experiencing that weird issue where tracks in playlists are appearing as ‘Unavailable’.

For me, it’s tracks I’ve added to playlists that show as Unavailable. Favorited or not doesn’t seem to matter. These are Tidal tracks

Roon tech support don’t work weekends afaik so Monday will probably be the earliest they will get involved…:slightly_frowning_face:

I’m having the same problem reported by others. Since the update to build 1223, all of my local files are reported by Roon as being “Unavailable.” The local files are stored on an HDD (in Mac OS Extended (Journaled) format) connected directly to the Mac running Roon Core via USB. Files from my streaming services (both Qobuz and Tidal) remain available. As others have reported, if I disable the HDD, quit Roon, re-launch Roon and then re-enable the HDD, the files become available.

More details:

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini 2018 – 3.2 GHz 6-core i7, 16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

NetGear Orbi Router
Roon Core and all zones are connected via ethernet, via a Buffalo-branded 16-port Gigabit Ethernet switch

Connected Audio Devices

Three Linn DSM devices
Roon Remote on iPad (playing to iPad)

Number of Tracks in Library

Just below 20,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Please see above

Repost from another thread with more detail on setup.

Roon Core Machine

iMac Retina 5K 27"
MacOS Montererey 12.6.3
3.3.ghz Quad-Core Intel Core i5
16gb DDR3
Roon files on external drive connected via USB in “Music_Roon” folder.

Fiber to house; ethernet from fiber router to computer. Don’t know router model (was installed by fiber company).

Connected Audio Devices

Raspberry Pi feeding Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC. Raspberry Pi also connected to network via Ethernet.

Over 15,000 tracks

Description of Issue

Same exact behavior as other posts. Local library on external USB drive not recognized unless I disable it, restart Roon, and then enable it. Even then, some tracks are still missing. And Roon has stalled out “Adding tracks to Library,” with the little circular running icon continuing forever and the message box stalled at “of 21 tracks added, six recognized”

The bulk of my music is in my external-drive Library, so this is somewhat distressing. I can access some of this material, but not all of it, and my playlists all have track “Unavailable” warnings.

John Colombo

Same problem as described in this thread. 0 albums after the upgrade.

Roon Core Machine

NUC i5
8 GB Memory/256 SSD
Running ROCK

Music stored in SMB share on a QNAP server. FLAC files.

Roon ROCK and QNAP NAS are connected through an Ethernet switch.

1GB Ethernet Switch QNAP

Connected Audio Devices

Mac Roon Client

24000 tracks

Description of Issue

Music is not found in an external SMB mount by the Roon core.

Day 5 of no Music Library after the 1223 update … Roon is useless… Still no acknowledgement from technical support…

This problem appears to be affecting a number of different users it would be appreciated if someone ( @benjamin or @noris ? ) would comment. Thank you :pray:

1 Like

Hi everyone,

Thank you for your patience. The team is investigating this issue more thoroughly with development and will circle back shortly with a more precise response. We’ll post as soon as we have an official workaround or timeline to resolution.

3 Likes

Roon Core Machine

Mac Mini M1 16GB Ram

Firewalla Gold

Connected Audio Devices

Various Lyngdorf devices

About 12K

Description of Issue

After installing the latest update build 1223, my library disappeared. The drive where the tracks reside is still there and accessible.
As noted by other users, if I disable the storage location and exit Roon server, upon restarting and re enable the storage location, it starts seeing and analyzing the tracks, but it never completes. As soon as I close the application and re open it, the library disappears again.

1 Like

Mine is not the only ticket open for this. There have been multiple instances of what seems to be the same problem and I haven’t seen any reply from customer support to at least acknowledge the issue. It looks like the first ticket alerting of a similar issue is already over two days old with no response.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

MacMini M1

Network

ATT Fiber

Connected Device

NAD C658

Number of Albums

From Tidal and Qobuz and my Local Library

After installing build 1223 I have lost my Qobuz Favorites and my Local Library.
The only titles remaining are from Tidal. Roon continues to try to add music files but
just keeps spinning:

I logged and off of Qobuz and ejected my library and reinstalled but nothing seems to fix this.

Same problem here:

Roon Core Machine
iMac Retina 27" 2015

Network
Fiber, ethernet to Roon Core from router

Connected Device
Schiit Audio Bifrost DAC via USB

Number of albums

I have exactly the same problem as described in posts above.

John Colombo

Why is it taking so long for @support to acknowledge this problem that seems to be affecting several users?

1 Like

I put in a support ticket 5 days ago for this same issue, no response from Roon support whatsoever

1 Like