Music library Disappeared After 2.0 1223 Production Update [Hotfix Build 1234 Released]

Please scroll up, there is a response from Connor, Roon Technical Support, They are investigating the cause…

3 Likes

Saw that… Thanks PixelPopper… Hoping to see an update hot fix soon…

2 Likes

Roon Core Machine

Roon Nucleus

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

Tracks listed as unavailable, Tidal albums available, Qobuz albums unavailable

Technical support are aware & investigating as of yesterday…

@moderators please move this post to:-

Same problem here.
After the update (ROCK on NUC) and Win 10 Version the local music was gone. Same with my other PC. Storage is a Synology NAS. No folder available.
Started the Roon Server on the NUC fresh. No Joy.
Okay, then a hard reset of the NUC and what can i say? It worked. All volumes are there. I will wait and see.

2 Likes

Hi everyone,

For those of you just joining this thread, the technical support team has been merging reports of externally-stored libraries disappearing into this thread, as we have an ongoing investigation into this issue.

This issue primarily affects users running MacOS. A known workaround, with variable success, is to restart the Core machine and remount the storage before forcing a rescan of the Watched Folder location. We’ll post updates as soon as we have more information.

1 Like

My core is Roon ROCK running on an i7 NUC8 and I have lost all local tracks and Qobuz favorites.

To check whether this is OS / machine dependent I shut down the NUC and installed a backup on a Windows 11 machine with exactly the same result.

Therefore, I would be careful with the assumption that this is predominantly a Mac OS issue.

2 Likes

Connor

I want to clarify it’s not only affecting my external library it is also affecting Qobuz. Qobuz titles already in my library are “unavailable”. I can search Qobuz and add tracks to my queue and they play fine. But I can’t add anything to my library. I also have Tidal and that is working just fine.

2 Likes

Work around does not work for me. Not even sure that “unmounting” a usb drive is even possbile in Win10. I can unplug it I suppose.

The workaround does not work for me either.

What works is completely reinstalling Roon Server on the Windows machine (I have not tried on the ROCK). Of course that costs me all playlists, bookmarks, play history, ratings etc. and is not a permanent solution.

Nonetheless, after this reinstall both local library and Qobuz work fine. Which could be an indication that the root of the problem lies in the rebuild of the database after the 1223 update.

1 Like

Unmount a drive in Windows 10…

Close all the Windows before trying the steps.

1. Open Disk management.
  2. Right-click the mounted drive that you want to remove, and then click Change Drive Letter and Paths.
  3. Click Remove, and then click Yes.

To remount the usb drive it is quicker to unplug it then plug back in.

Still does not solve the issue for me.

On my Mac OS setup (see above), I tried removing my external USB drive as a storage device, and then adding a whole new storage path (to my Synology server, where I keep a backup of my music folder). This seemed to get most of my local library back, although all playlists pointing to the old library location are broken. And I had to remove and add a few albums by hand in order to get them into the Roon database.

Plus, this hasn’t solved the “endless loop” problem where the little circle at the top RH keeps going round and round and the message says something like “added 13 files, zero recognized”. I can add a screen shot of that if necessary, but it’s the same message as in Krin’s post above, just different numbers.

Roon also seems to be crashing regularly (after 24 hours); I literally NEVER had a Roon crash before 1223 even though I left it running 24/7 on my iMac.

John C.

Work around does not work for me. Disk is still showing “DriveNotReady” in the Roon logs.
(Folder:Name=:Location=FileBrowser.Entry: Media, AppleAPFSMedia : /Users/robertcarpenter/Music/Hi Res Audio:Id=a2d1ab6e-e420-4d10-896f-3806f4432a56) offline reason changed to: DriveNotReady

An incomplete workaround, that I originally posted a week-ish ago is this:

1. On your Roon Core, DISABLE* the storage location for your local library.
  2. Exit your Roon Core.
  3. Launch your Roon Core.
  4. ENABLE the storage location for your local library.

You’ll see Roon very quickly scan the location (literally two or three seconds) and the files in your local library will become available again (with some exceptions, see below).

*It must be DISABLED not REMOVED for this to work.

I say this is an “incomplete” workaround because:

• Local files that have been “favorited” will still be unavailable, as will some tracks from Qobuz or TIDAL that have been added to your library.
  • You’ll still get the spinning indicator that Roon is adding some small number of files that never progresses.

And while my Roon Core is on macOS, I have a friend on Windows that has the same issue AND one using an actual Roon Nucleus.

Do you have any new information about this issue and when it will be resolved?

Works for local files for me only as long as Roon is open. Once my Roon Core is closed, it all reverts back to 0 albums, 0 tracks and you need to repeat the whole disable/enable process again to gain the library back.

Workaround has no effect on Qobuz albums, which disappointingly no longer appear in the library at all since the last 1223 update.

FYI I’ve had the same issue as everyone here since the update – running Innuos Zen mk3 server as my core. Mac as remote, but definitely not Mac as core. So this isn’t just a Mac issue evidently

While you have had a working Innuos Core prior to the current build it’s worth bearing in mind the following…

Noted. But due to this issue happening to many people right after the update, myself included, chances are it’s that and not the Innuos in what would be very coincidental timing