Music library Disappeared After 2.0 1223 Production Update [Hotfix Build 1234 Released]

Agreed :wink:

ten c

Similar issue here as well (NUC 7TH GEN I5 16GB RAM WINDOWS 10 PRO 500GB M2 Model: NUC7i5BNK).

Day 10 of no local Music Library after the 1223 update … Roon software is useless for playing local media files… Waiting on new update from technical support - last response was 3 days ago. Where I work, this would be considered a Sev 1 issue due to numbers impacted and critical loss of functionality. It would be all hands on deck to get this resolved.

7 Likes

I am new with this problem, because I updated Roon today. Wish I could just use the latest version for ROON before this useless update that now has made destroyed my library. It does not even help if I try to use a backup of my library. It still does not find my library and it applies both to me local storage and my streaming service!

2 Likes

I think it would be nice for ROON to report back when someting is happening with this most serious problem. And if they will reduce our annual payment with (now two weeks)?

They do report back when they have results to share…

Thanks Geoff!

It did not work unfortunately. Could Roon not make the last version available for those who have been hit by the problem for a limited time? Then we could reinstall ROON in a version that works and our system would not be down for weeks?

And even without a library things can go even more wrong :smile: Now qobus records are also unavailable in a great number…

2 Likes

I feel for those experiencing this issue whose only music is local files. I at least have Tidal that still (mostly) works. I assume since the 1223 update, those people have literally not been able to play any music with Roon?

Agreed, hopefully this is the case at Roon HQ. I keep expecting a software update and am a bit surprised it hasn’t happened yet

Here both my local library and my qobus library has gone. I can stream from qobus still but even in that service for some reasons a lot of records now lists as ‘unavailable’ - I am also surprised that we are not getting more updates on the situation. The least ROON could do would to make an older version of ROON available to those hit so we at least could use our library while we wait for a fix.

3 posts were split to a new topic: Linux Cores - Music Library Disappeared with Build 1232 [Roon Investigating]

Roon Core Machine

Linux Ubuntu (Roon 2.0 1223)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

ethernet and Wifi

Connected Audio Devices

Macbook pro - Roon remote
sonicorbiter and dietpi (allo) Roon endpoints

Number of Tracks in Library

None showing up. (Should be 17,000)

Description of Issue

Since the recent update, no local storage music is accessible. Only music from Tidal is playable.
It initially showed an “Unavailable” message below each song from local storage.
I tried restarting the roon server and also removing and adding the storage. Now I do not even see the albums.
I am attaching the screenshot error message I now get (“It looks like your storage location could be offline”). When I force a rescan, it correctly show around 17,000 files being scanned successfully.

1 Like

Roon Core Machine

Windows 10, Intel(R) Core™ i7-3960X CPU @ 3.30GHz 3.30 GH RAM 16.0 GB

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue

Local music files show unavailable since update.
In the skipped files sections the files are listed as audio stream format not supported.
These are all Apple lossless files or FLAC files.
Sam Smith

There are several other users with similar problems. Like this one. Hopefully @support will respond soon.
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/lost-library-after-installing-build-1223/236047

Roon Core Machine

Roon Version 2.0 Build 1223.

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue

Just upgraded this morning.

After doing so Roon can no longer see my NAS drive.
If I go to the home screen it now says 0 artists, 0 albums, 0 tracks, 0 composers.

If I go to my tracks, my artists, etc., it displays a message "It looks like one of your storage locations could be offline. Go to storage settings and make sure everything is connected.

If I go to storage, I can see all folders and I can actually navigate the folders if I try to edit.

This has been a stable environment in excess of 4 years until the upgrade today.

Chris

What machine are you running your Roon Core on? A Windows 10/11 PC, or a Mac (and what version MacOS)?

It sounds like an issue that is currently under investigation. This workaround may help:

Hello,

Running on SonicOrbiter OS which I believe is a version of Linux. It is pointing to my synology NAS.

That seems to be working. Thanks!

Actually, I am not sure if it is working. It is acting like it is rebuilding he entire library