Music library Disappeared After 2.0 1223 Production Update [Hotfix Build 1234 Released]

Okay… tried the following.

1. Deleted the folders that were part of my music library
  2. Deleted all the shares
  3. Restarted the roon server
  4. Added the shares back
  5. Added the folders back I was monitoring.

Now it is adding everything back and looks like maintaining integrity of the library. At least I am seeing it is remember the items and how many days ago they were originally added to the library.

Chris

Roon Core Machine

I am running the latest Roon. 2.0 (build 1223)
iMac 3.6 GHz 8-core Intel Core i9
Radeon Pro Vega 48 8 GB
64 GB 2667 MHz DDR4

Networking Gear & Setup Details

WIFI (I do not know the system, but this is hardly relevant for my problem.

Connected Audio Devices

Mytek 192DSD

Number of Tracks in Library

12.000 records

Description of Issue

After I updated Roon today 11 March - my library is gone and when I try to restore my library from a backup the new ROON edition still cannot find the library. My library is both on a harddisk and through Qobus - and neither is for some reasons turning up on ROON??? This has never happened to me before. I hope you can sort this out as soon as possible.

1 Like

Maybe this is related…………

Thanks this problem look grim. If I loose my library it is pretty much a catastrophe - it took such a long time to edit my local storage library and also my streaming library does not work anymore. Very weird.

Is your library directly attached to the iMac? Please provide details of this, including screenshots from the Finder and Roon > Settings > Storage.

Your library is still there, it’s just not being seen by Roon.

Have you tried the workaround posted by Connor?

There you go, you’re in good hands now :+1:t2:

Best luck with it.

Thank you Geoff - It is great the library is still there - only problem is that Roon does not read it anymore. However, what I do not understand is why it has taken 13 days to address this problem. That is almost two weeks? I wonder if ROON will reduce my annual payment with two weeks? Also I would very much like to avoid a new rescan of my local files, because it would require weeks of work to sort it all out in Roon, the files are not perfectly tagged and Roon could not identify them well the first time around so it took a lot of effort to sort it out. So I really do want my library back!!

So, did you try the workaround?

Roon Labs are investigating the problem, but because this only seems to be affecting a small number of Roon users it seems as though it is proving a tough nut to crack.

Your database will still be intact, so even if the resolution does trigger a new rescan of your library, there will be no changes required AFAIK.

I did not realize this. Thanks for your patience. I will try this!

As was clear from the other tread the work around did not work!

My new status is that Roon does not find my local library does not work, my qobus library and also a bit more weird that a lot of qobus albums that I can still search and try to play are now unavailable! On my qobus streaming app on my phone they are still available.

All in all the new version of ROON has made music listening near impossible in my house. I really hope they will give an update soon!

I concur the work around is totally ineffective for my configuration!

Not sure why Tech Support is having such a tough time with this. It is very evident in the logs that Roon is taking the storage offline when in fact it is online and accessible by ANY other program on my Mac. This seems to be impacting anyone with external drives connecting via USB or Thunderbolt on a Mac (and USB connected storage on Windows).

Very frustrated that I am now into Day 13 without any use of my local media files. No communication from Roon Support since 6 days ago. I have been a user of Roon since 2015 and if this isn’t resolved soon I will be forced to seek other alternatives for a high res music player.

1 Like

It has been 11 days since I reported the issue and I have not heard anything back yet from support.

1 Like

Hello All,

Thank you for the additional reports regarding this behavior. We believe we have identified the root cause of the issue and a fix is currently undergoing QA testing.

We hope to release this fix to everyone as soon as possible. In the meantime, one of the workarounds mentioned earlier in the thread may help:

We apologize for the inconvenience and thank you again for your patience as we work on addressing this issue. We’ll keep everyone updated as we have more details from our development team, thank you!

3 Likes

NOPE! Unfortunately, this workaround didn’t work for me. This is becoming quite annoying!

This worked now for my local music thank you! But still missing the qobus library unfortunately.

And have you tried signing out then signing in to Qobuz again in Roon’s Settings > Services?

1 Like

Yes, unfortunately it does not work. ROON cannot find my qobus library. And what is even more interesting my library albums are unavailable in qobus if I search for them and try to play them. In the qobus app there is no problem.

Roon Core Machine

Nucleus + with 4TB SSD internal storage (pre-installed)
RoonOS 1.0 (build 254) production/Roon software 2.0 (build 1223)
Purchased from Roon store 09/2022
3.4TB stored on internal SSD with another 800GB stored on external 4TB SDD connected via USB

I connect via Windows 10 laptop/Windows 11 surface tablet/iPhone 12 Pro w iOS 16.3.1.
This setup has been working great on a daily basis since I moved the Core from a windows 2012 server to Nucleus +. BUT after build 1223 was installed on Tuesday afternoon (02/28/2023) it’s broken or corrupted something on the core Nucleus+.
I’ve been a lifetime subscriber since June 2015. I know how to operate & troubleshoot if needed. Roon has been great for the last 8 years!

Networking Gear & Setup Details

My network router is a Netgear Orbi. The Nucleus + is connected via ethernet. Nothing has changed in my network - same firmware & IP addresses for all devices. This has been bulletproof for years. - I doubt that’s the problem. No VPN. No network hardware or firmware changes.

Connected Audio Devices

Connection from a Wi-Fi device (Surface tablet) - restored backup from 10+ days ago - shows only a few Qobuz albums - as I have at least 500 albums from Qobuz that are in my library. NO local files seen.
Connection from iPhone - shows the same.

Number of Tracks in Library

Approximately 80,000 files on internal & 10,000 on external

Description of Issue

Issue: Roon Core does NOT recognize any of my stored music files to play. It asks me to import/add music files. Nothing has changed in my setup - as the Internal Storage & external SSD are both. My playlists are still available - BUT all my local tracks - show as UNAVAILABLE - and will not play. My music library is basically empty. I can add a new album from Qobuz - and it will recognize it - and play. (This after I restored a back-up from a week ago.) BUT - 99% of the Qobuz albums that I’ve added over the last few years don’t appear in “my albums” at all. (Only in various playlists I’ve created)

The drives appear on my network (both internal & external) - via Windows Explorer. I can copy/paste - to and from them. The Roon Labs Nucleus+ web UI shows up via the IP address it’s assigned to - and EVERYTHING shows it being OK. I had been using IP Address Setup as DHCP for years - I tried to changed to Static IP (using same IP) - and no difference.

I’ve tried the following:

Reset Network (Power down Modem / Router) twice.
Power down Nucleus+ (a few times)
Reinstall OS - comes back as OK again
Restart Roon Server SW - comes back as OK
Reset Roon Database & Settings - comes back OK

Under Settings / Storage my drives show up - I have hit the re-scan button several times - and no luck.

Restored backups (a few from different times over the last month. Backups complete & then say the were successful - but still can’t see my local music - or 99% of the Qobuz I’ve added.) I’ve logged out of Qobuz - restart Roon - No change.

I have NOT attempted to re-Format the Internal Music Storage that came installed with the Nucleus+. It shows OK and 7% of 3696 GB available.

I’m guessing there’s a corrupt file somewhere - but have no idea how to track that down and resolve the issue.

I’ve done everything I can think of - EXCEPT - re-formatting the internal SSD. As it took over 36 hours to copy my library over back in Sept 2022.

So, I half resolved the issue. (BUT - the core Nucleus doesn’t work how it should or used to)

A) I disabled both internal and external storage. (Settings/Storage)
B) Rebooted again (Via WebUI) - Restarted
C) Only my local stored music shows up - BUT NONE of my Qobuz albums. So, I’m missing a few hundred albums in my library???
D) Refreshing Qobuz - doesn’t work either.

It seems there is/was a broken timestamp of import of some sort. Before I did this half ass work around - the import dates of what files I did see (But couldn’t play because they had the “unavailable” next to each track) had a date of “1 January 1” - which doesn’t make sense. So, something’s corrupted that reads the import - added dates of albums.

Maybe Roon support will chime in someday??

My last and only other support ticket to Roon (a year ago) took over 8 days for a response…