Music library Disappeared After 2.0 1223 Production Update [Hotfix Build 1234 Released]

Update 3/5/2023

Although I can see my library (both local and Qobuz) - All tracks that are part of ANY playlist that I’ve created over the last 8 years are now showing the tracks as “UNAVAILABLE”:

Also - Only the those albums that have a track/tracks that are associated with a Roon playlist show an import date of:

Added 1 January 1

Which seems to be related to why those tracks are being tagged as “unavailable”

Somewhere Roon holds a place that tags the import date of albums - this seems the cause of the issue.

ROON Support?? What now?

I really don’t want to delete all my playlists… And attempt to re-create them. If I remove a track from a playlist - It doe not suddenly become “available” to play.

Hi @Ventoux ,

Apologies for the delayed response here. I’ve activated diagnostics mode for your Nucleus and I am seeing the same error as the issues mentioned on this thread:

I will migrate some of your posts to this thread so that you are notified of any updates we have to share, thank you.

Thanks for finally replying - AFTER 2 WEEKS

Unfortunately - I had to delete ALL my playlists that I have created since I’ve been using Roon (June 2015) All tracks that were part of a playlist - showed “Unavailable”

Yesterday I lost power - After a restart the same behavior - My library was showing Empty.
I did as above (I figured this fix out through trial and error about 10 days ago) - Disable Qobuz / Local Storage locations / Reboot Nucleus + and then Re-Enable Qobuz & Local storage again.
After doing so, my library shows up again.
BUT - The single playlist I had created (only added about 10 tracks) shows those tracks are also Unavailable now…

SO, before deleting ALL my playlists (so I could play those tracks) I did export each playlist out as a .xlsx file. HOW - if at all - can I re-import those playlists into Roon?? Or… do I have to Manually re-create 8 yrs of playlists and start from scratch? Will re-storing an OLD back-up re-create those playlists again?

This seems like a Roon software / update issue?? Or is it hardware related?

V

FYI - My initial thread is in the Support / Nucleus section here:

HELP - Nucleus+ Broken with 2.0 (build 1223)

Hello All,

We have just released Roon Hotfix build 1232 which should help with this behavior. Please try to update your Roon Core to the latest version and let us know if it helps resolve the issue on your end, thanks!

2 Likes

Thanks for addressing this. However, after I did the update I didn’t see any change. Still no local music showing, just Tidal. When I went to Albums and clicked the Focus dropdown, the only Storage Location visible was Tidal.

When I went to Settings > Storage, I still just saw a single Music folder, which was what I saw before. Was this fix automatically supposed to reconnect the local files drive, or do I have to do something manually?

Also, the issue of Unavailable tracks in Playlists which I believe was part of the 1223 update bug is still unresolved

1 Like

Same as above for me.

Updated Core (Nucleus+ and Local Roon PC)
After update - NO music - no local or Qobuz

I disabled Qobuz & Storage / Restart Roon = No Music
I then re-booted Core - No Music

I then disabled everything again / Re-boot Core while storage & Qubuz disabled / After Core re-booted I then Re-enabled Qobuz & local storage = Music in Roon now appears.

BUT = My playlist tracks (only 10 - local storage) show as “unavailable”

I don’t see any change or improvement to the issue.

Keep trying - appreciate the effort.

Unfortunately the hot fix did not resolve my issue.
My core cannot see my local files

The update hot fix did NOT work. Did initial update and rebooted - same behavior showing 0 Albums and 0 tracks.

After the failed update, I tried the work around described earlier - it started scanning and identified some albums - a few hundred out of approx 2900 in my library. It hung doing the scan. Shut down the app and restarted - those earlier albums identified were now gone.

Roon Log is still showing my media files offline. Here are the log entries:

03/15 17:47:44 Info: [broker/locations/directorystoragelocation] initializing FileBrowser.Entry: Media, AppleAPFSMedia : /Users/robertcarpenter/Music/Hi Res Audio, drive availability is: False
03/15 17:47:44 Info: [broker/locations/directorystoragelocation] drive is not available so disposing resources (if they exist): FileBrowser.Entry: Media, AppleAPFSMedia : /Users/robertcarpenter/Music/Hi Res Audio
03/15 17:47:44 Info: [broker/locations] storage location backend (Folder:Name=:Location=FileBrowser.Entry: Media, AppleAPFSMedia : /Users/robertcarpenter/Music/Hi Res Audio:Id=769bf417-2b43-4f56-8d71-029d0080b1d6) offline reason changed to: DriveNotReady
03/15 17:47:44 Info: [broker/locations/directorystoragelocation] we’d like to keep this volume mounted: mounted:/Volumes/Media
03/15 17:47:44 Info: [broker/locations] created enabled location, FileBrowser.Entry: Media, AppleAPFSMedia : /Users/robertcarpenter/Music/Hi Res Audio
03/15 17:47:44 Info: [broker/locations] adding storage location: Folder:Name=:Location=FileBrowser.Entry: Media, AppleAPFSMedia : /Users/robertcarpenter/Music/Hi Res Audio:Id=769bf417-2b43-4f56-8d71-029d0080b1d6

Thanks for the attempt but still seeking a working solution.

This works, but its irritating and anoying! Users wrote about hotfix is no go, issue still exist. Sorry Roon dev but this thing is critical - library is permamently broken. That is unacceptable! You want from us lot money, I support your work pay year by year, becouse I know how difficult and hard work it is. BUT, FOR NOW ROON IS UNUSABLE. If my Core (24/7) crash after few days, max weeks (this is big issue also, past rock stable, now not so) and I must use THIS to play my local files (core feature) I will go away.

What are you doing?

1 Like

What about folks on the Early Access track? When do we get these fixes?

restarted Nucleus and my computer. No change. Still 0.

Very frustrating. I updated then disabled my local drive and Qobuz. Enabled everything and it scanned my local drive and added my files. I thought it was fixed. Until I logged out and back in again and lost the local drive again. Also did not get back my Qobuz library and cannot add albums from Qobuz.
I’m right back where I was 10 days ago.

Sorry to report that the hotfix has not worked for me other. As before, the work-around restores the availability of most of my library, but behavior after the hotfix does not appear to be any different than before (i.e., all local files still become unavailable upon restarting the Roon core, until applying the work-around).

The hot fix made absolutely no difference.

Local files are still unavailable.

The same, weird, perpetual indexing of a small number of files (with no progress) occurs.

Favorited items are still unavailable AFTER the disable/enable “workaround”.

I wonder if the “fix” actually made it into the hot fix…unless they fixed a problem none of you are experiencing!

It’s weird that in this thread nobody posted that it fixed it for them. In the “ARC broken” thread, many people did confirm that it worked

I don’t believe that the “Arc broken” issue and the “Music Library Disappeared” issue are related - 2 separate issues and fixes in my mind.

I think Roon needs to focus on why their code is setting external drives availability to false when Roon core is started. It’s quite apparent in the logs.

Here is where Roon marks the drive availability as false…
03/15 17:47:44 Info: [broker/locations/directorystoragelocation] initializing FileBrowser.Entry: Media, AppleAPFSMedia : /Users/robertcarpenter/Music/Hi Res Audio, drive availability is: False

Then Roon is taking all the files in the file path to offline…
03/15 17:47:44 Info: [broker/locations/directorystoragelocation] drive is not available so disposing resources (if they exist): FileBrowser.Entry: Media, AppleAPFSMedia : /Users/robertcarpenter/Music/Hi Res Audio

1 Like

The same result here. It made no difference at all. I am patient but clearly this is a most serious problem for ROON and you may consider some compensation in the end for those of you costumers who are hit.

And I also wonder if the fix worked for anybody - nobody has yet responded that it did!