Music playback issue and connection failure after server and wifi reboot (ref#B36WB3)

Full form submission

What’s happening?

· I'm having trouble connecting to Roon

What type of connection issue?

· Something else

Describe the issue

It started with Roon only playing a portion of a song and jumping to the next song over and over. I’ve rebooted server and wifi now it doesn’t connect at all

Hello and welcome to the community.

Some information on your setup would be helpful.
What is the server running on, PC laptop Nuc etc.
How is it connected to the network, Ethernet or Wi-Fi?

It is generally recommended to use Ethernet between the server machine and the router to avoid wi-fi related network issues. What your describing sounds like a network issue.

It’s connected by wifi. I think the same thing but I don’t have any wifi issues today. Our internet went down yesterday for a bit. I’m not sure how to make sure the server is connected to wifi. I’ve had this system for years and have never had this issue. If I have it’s been something super simple like the innuos cut off because power went out🤷🏼‍♀️. Appreciate some help.

Roon is a Network beast, constantly sending/receiving data on the internet while communicating with your endpoints on the internal network. That is a lot of traffic for wi-fi and why Ethernet is recommended from the server to the router.

Multiple other devices would work fine and not experience any issues with wi-fi and that is why its difficult to think the wi-fi could be the issue with Roon.

Could you try an Ethernet cable from the server to the router temporarily to see if that helps with the issues.

It could very well be something else but trying Ethernet would at least eliminate that possibility.

The innuos is connected to the wifi with etherenet cable

I fixed it. It is an Ethernet cable. I had to let room search up address and it connected. Thank upu

Problem can return

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.