Music/tracks unaccessible. Need a fix:

Continuing the discussion from I'm having a problem with Roon – how do I report it?:

Roon Core Machine

I Can no longer access my Roon music.I logged out of Roon two days ago. Logged back in and changed my password. The main page shows I have 0 albums, 0 tracks but when I go to My Playlists, they are all there. However, if I try to play anything in the playlists, I get a message saying the “music is not available” and I’m unable to access it.

I use a 16" M1 Macbook Pro as my Roon core, running Ventura 13.5.2 running Roon2.0 (build 1311). Prior to two day ago, Roon ran problem-free (with Tidal account) but not since logging out of Roon & changing my PW. Have logged out and back in several times.Problem remains.

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I Can no longer access my Roon music. How do I fix this? I logged out of Roon. Changed my password. the main page shows I have 0 albums, 0 tracks. When I go to my play lists, they are all there but if I try to play anything, I get a message saying the “music is not available” and I’m unable to access it. I use a 16" M1 macbook Pro as my Roon core, running Ventura 13.5.2. I run Roon2.0 (build 1311). Prior to two day ago Roon ran problem free but not since logging out & changing my PW.

Are we talking about local files, streaming, or both

1 Like

Problem exists with streaming. Have no local files on Roon.

Affected Product

Roon

Roon Issue Category

Interface & Usability

Description of Issue

As of 3 days ago, Roon stopped working for me. I had changed my password, logged out and logged back in. Nothing else changed.

I’m using a 16" M1 MacBook Pro as my Roon Core, with an AudioQuest Red DAC connected a Sennheiser HD 600 headphone and have a TIDAL subscription. I’m running Roon 2.0 (build 2311).

Roon shows I have 0 albums, 0 tracks. It’s as if I have a new, unused account. Yet when I check “My Plsylists, everything is there. If I try to play anyinthing in ht4 playlist, I get a notice that the music is " unavailable”. If I use the search function to add new music, whether it is a piece from my playlists or, even if it is not, I get a “music not found” message.

I’ve treed logging out and back in several times. The problem persists. Suggestions?

Roon Core Platform

macOS

Roon Core Specifications

Using a 2021 - 16" M1 Pro chip on a Macbook Pro. 16 GB memory. Running Ventura 13.5.2. (Will update to Ventura 13.6 later today). Audioquest Red DAC to Sennheiser 600 headphones.

Connected Audio Devices

AudioQuest Red Dac (USB) via Anker hub to USB-C port on Macbook. Sennheiser 600 headphone. These have been and continue tome problem free.

Home Network Details

Rogers cable internet connected via ethernet to iMac desktop and via wifi network to MacBook Pro. Using Eero wifi extenders throughout the house, including in room with the MacBook Pro core. Connectivity has never been an issue.

Screenshot

OK, in this case it seems that Tidal is simply not available. Try going to Roon Settings > Services > Tidal. Log out of Tidal if it looks like you are logged in. Reboot the Roon Core machine, go back to Settings > Services > Tidal and log back into Tidal.

@Roland_Dorsay, I have consolidated your second post on this topic into this post. Please do not post duplicate support requests as it will dilute Roon’s and the Community’s abiity to provide assistance.

Success! Many, thanks. Much appreciated. Doing without Roon, even for 3 days - rough.

1 Like

Robert,

Thank you. Not accustomed to using the support function. Learning as I go.

An amazing community & problem quickly fixed thanks to community help.

2 Likes

Glad everything is sorted again.

Glad that this was the whole problem :slight_smile: Enjoy!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.