My albums are being split

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)

Description Of Issue
I have noticed a couple of times - so there maybe dozens of other instances - that an album from my NAS seems to have been split in two, so that one or more tracks are on an album with the same title.

What can I do about this?

Maybe the merge feature can put them back together again.

Select both (long click) and choose Merge Albums.

Not much can be done to avoid it happening, but its easy to fix. HTH

Hello @Dick_Cooper, looks like you already got some help here. The merge feature would be great unless the items you’re talking about are part of a multi-disc set.

Let me give you an example. For many years I have owned a CD called “Mellow Miles”. I recorded it onto my NAS. If I try to play it via Roon I am offered tracks 2,3 and 4.
I check my NAS and there are only tracks 2,3 and 4. I recheck on Roon and find a second album with the same name and the missing tracks. They are not visible on my NAS but they are on Roon, What can I do ?

This is not an isolated example

Hello @Dick_Cooper, and thanks for the update. Could you please send me a screenshot of the album in Finder/file explorer?

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

My system has 5 zones, all managed by Sonos and mostly including Linn products. I don’t believe my network configuration is relevant but I can provide details if necessary. The key things are that my NAS is a Buffalo Linkstation and my System is managed by a Windows 10 PC. I cannot see how to send you a screenshot but the same problem is present with most of my Miles Davis albums - and indeed many albums not by Miles !

Hello @Dick_Cooper, you can use these directions to post screenshots on the community.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.