My Nucleus shuts off on it's own

Originally, I had mistakenly called the folder Audirivana, but the correct spelling of the folder (from the software is Audirvana. So I then changed the spelling on the folder, and also when I tried to set up the Network share.
Look at my latest screen shots.

I did? One has an underscore, the other doesn’t? Maybe I’m missing something?

It’s confusing. I was TOLD to add the _ between the two words Audirvana and Music. But in the articles it doesn’t say to add the underline. So I have tried it both ways.
Which way is supposed to be correct to input into the path??

I don’t know exactly how whitespace characters are handled for network shares. It’s true these are sometimes a bit ‘special’ and treated differently (not entirely sure that’s the case here). So ideally there are none whatsoever. But either way, the names that you enter have to be identical on both ends.

Okay, I tried it both ways. Doesn’t seem to work either way.
I also tried it without a password, and I get a different error message:

So I put my password in, and I get the same old error message.
It’s getting late here in EST; I have to quit for the night.
At least I got roon to work if I add the duplicate hard drive directly to the nucleus, I’m just frustrated that I can’t add my original folder that’s connected to my iMac where I store my new music.

I just tried it out myself and everything goes smoothly:

The folder on the actual mac:

The file sharing settings on the actual mac:

And then the settings in Roon:

1 Like

My next recommendation would to replace the network share location in Roon. Instead of using the name of the computer, use its ip address. In your case I believe ‘\\Marcs-iMac.local\Audirvana MUSIC’ becomes ‘\\192.168.1.229\Audirvana MUSIC’. You can see in my screenshots above I did something similar.

Do you have any special characters in your password?
If yes, remove any special characters from the share’s password and try again.

1 Like

I thought roon doesn’t like spaces in the share name, although I see it’s working fine for @Nepherte!

I think the windows compatibility mode that @Nepherte mentioned is also needed (although to be honest I just kept trying things until it worked, and didn’t got back once it did).

Hey THANKS EVERYBODY, (especially Nepherte-Bart). I changed the name of the folder to eliminate the space, made sure I did everything properly, and deleted the old folder that wouldn’t let me rename it or give me access for some reason. AND NOW IT WORKS!!

3 Likes

I also added another network share folder on my iMac where I can add new downloaded music. So now roon plays music from the nucleus connected hard drive, and also from folder on my iMac with any new music that I add. Finally, I figured it out with everyone’s help. THANKS AGAIN.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.