My Roon won’t recognize my Samsung R6 speaker on my home wifi network

Hello Roon Guys
I have the Samsung R6 speaker which support both wifi and Bluetooth.
Why can’t I see it on my Settings>Audio>networks? The speaker is very good wth great sound,and I want to use it for a day to day use…
Will appreciate your help in adding it to my Roon configuration…
Shlomo

Use the Roon app on your smartphone or tablet and switch to bluetooth audio with you speakers paired to the phone or tablet. :mask:

Hi, the R6 does not appear to use any of the protocols that would enable Roon to talk to it. It isn’t an official Roon endpoint and it does not appear to do Airplay or Chromecast both of which would make it visible to Roon. To make it playable to in Roon you need to make it a Bluetooth speaker for a device that can be a Roon endpoint. So a phone, iPod or similar. For whatever reason Samsung seem happy to keep this a closed system using their software so it is they you need to approach.
Edit: pretty much what Wim said.

Thanks for reply. Thing is that yesterday I saw and used the speaker while it actually showed on my Settings>Audio>networks on Roon.
The sound while on wifi is much better … And now I can’t see the speaker on my Roon and that’s frustrating !
I will be very happy to configure that speaker on my Roon via WiFi…
I have the Multiroom App and it works great from all my devices but can’t use my Roon option for that WiFi option…

Hi,

I’ve moved your topic to the support section of the forum.
In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Thank you! I hope that they will be able to solve my problem.

Hello @shlomo_reichani, and thanks for your report! For your speaker to work over the network with Roon, it has to use one of these protocols. Please let me know if you have any further questions!

Hello nuwriy

Thanks for your post,my speakers are Samsung Portable R6 Model.
They are both wifi and Bluetooth and do recognizable as devices on my home network as a wifi devices…
It is all began as I saw them listed on my IMAC Roon Core for a while and also tested it to listen,which it did…and than all of a sudden I can’t see them on my listed network on my Roon setting audio .
What should I do in order to see those speakers on my list again?

I can’t see how you were able to play to it as it has no roon capability. Perhaps it was linked to a device via Bluetooth?

Hi
I have seen those speakers with no edit by me as for the name of the device,and it was placed under the network devices as R6 Samsung portable… and I was able to see it on my devices connected on all my remotes as well as also on my core Mac…I am sure also that it was playing via wifi and not Bluetooth …the quality is much better…that was vanished when I was turning my playback on my IPad remote back to my IPad option. After that I could not see my Samsung on my list again…??? Weird to say the least of that !

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.