Mytek sells and does not deliver

@Kevin_McEvoy - I’ve removed your email address from your post. It’s not a good idea to have one’s email address posted in a public forum; it’s likely to get harvested by spambots.

People can always get in touch with you by using the Private Message function of the forum.

Thx
Your correct
K

Not after year you cant

1 Like

Did you try? You never got the product, right?

I’ve canceled charges on things that I never received, usually from an unnamed foreign country, after a few months.

I spoke w/PayPal at length today good 90 minutes they are unable to process refund after 180 days they were helpful in collecting information attorney generals office said they needed for their investigation.
For God’s sake its been (15) months since the original lie that Brooklyn Bridge 2’s were being finished in production & shipping soon and three months since I submitted written request for refund
For whatever reason Michal Jurewicz cant or wont process my $4244.00 refund
Instead opting to send (2) small payments whose dollar amounts don’t correspond to any purchase or significant factor relating to my purchase
one 08/27/22 in amount of $970.10 other 08/28/22 in amount of $1088.45(see attached).
Anyone familiar with PayPal knows PayPal offers an easy, single button REFUND option of any payment - instead I am Still Not refunded receiving only $2085.55

I use PayPal all the time, but only to funnel the charge thru to my credit card company, which has no time limit (I believe) on refunded money for products not received.

Too bad. I feel your pain.

Thanks appreciate it
I will get my money back just matter of time
I reported to AG’s in both Florida & NY
The BBB, FTC, trade publications one of which said theyre running story on rise & fall of Mytek Digital
Whats truly sad verry idea that owner of Mytek Digital doesnt think he’s done anything wrong
When infact misrepresenting facts to get peoples money when you dont have & cant fill orders for 15 months is Wire Fraud

Fabio,

I have an email Michal Jurewicz sent me 08/23/22 where he stated (copied/pasted) …

“For your information: Fabio originally paid with $7500 w wire xfer.
We have refunded him in full several months ago.
For whatever reason he does not mention this now which might be misleading for you.”

Of course IDK if this is true however, Please let me add IF you are owed money and for ANYONE else reading this post if you fell for Mytek Digitals ‘PreOrder gear - coming soon’ scam feel free to contact me, reply in this thread or communicate directly with Attorney General’s office, NY. in their Brooklyn Regional Office.

In my compliant I explained my experiences as well as explained I knew there were others charged that did not receive merchandise in reference to your experience Fabio I briefly outlined details I read on this post so they have good idea of who you are.

Call 718-560-2040 ask for James Sfiroudis the Reference file # is 22-039050
Good Luck

As for my Mytek nightmare today marks THREE months since I requested a refund and (16) months since Mytek Digital received my $4244 with 2 small payments received and more than 50% of MY money still in Michal Jurewicz’s bank account.

Michal at Mytek here. I recently became aware if existence of this thread.

It is true that the development and production of the Empire Streamer and BB2 streamers took way longer that we ever had hoped for, for a number of reasons: severe supply chain issues, forcing us to redesign circuits several times because of lack of a component, complexity of the project , especially less predictable and new to us software development, and finally the need to rebuilt new manufacturing capability after parting ways in 2020 with our previous manufacturing partner.

We understand why after this long time, regardless of reasons, some clients just did not want to wait longer.

FWIW Fabio had his deposit refunded in full in Spring and Kevin has also received full refund as well.

For clients who decide to get Empire or Brooklyn Bridge, the results of our work will speak for themselves. After a week of demoing of the Empire Streamers at various hifi dealerships, Empire comes out as the best sounding DAC of all other offered, combined with Roon, the most intuitive and advanced player.

We are making the first Empire streamers batch right now and the new Brooklyn Bridge 2 is being now manufactured at a new contract factory.

Brooklyn Bridge has the same architecture and same Roon Core/Mytek OS engine as the Empire, with smaller screen and reduced amount of features.

As of today there are no comparable streamers on the market.

In your opinion.

7 Likes

Sorry for late response, for I had the impression that this topic was not active anymore. As mentioned by Michal, I did receive the full refund. However, as a consumer, I have to say that it was a horrible experience. One should not endure any trouble to have his money back after several delivery delays by a trusted vendor. Not to mention a full year, or 12 months, or 365 days! I am fully aware and thankfull to this communitty, because I am sure that without it, the outcome would had been very different.

1 Like

I paid, in-full, 100% of the MSRP for the Brooklyn Bridge II Roon in May of 2021 ($3,495). In February of 2022, after dozens of emails and phone calls (all full of the same empty promises), I agreed to wait 2 more months for the Bridge on the condition that they give me TWO (yes 2) Brooklyn APM+'s for a total price of $3,500. Of course they did it.

They took my money and sent both amps immediately. Finally, after waiting another 4 months for something to connect the AMP’s to (i.e. the Bridge), I threw up my hands and asked for a full refund for all the products. They said OK, so I returned the AMP’s, unopened, with an authorized RMA number at the end of June. But again, it took tons of emails and phone calls for Michal to refund my $3,500 on August 8th.

But I’m still waiting on the other $3,500 for a product that I ordered 1.5 years ago. During that time I’ve called Damian, Michal, and even the Public Relations guy named Lionel, so many times it’s a joke. As it turns out, Michal is the only one who gives out refunds. The other guys don’t do sh*t! But Michal never answers his cell phone or the land line anymore because all of them know my phone numbers by now. Beyond Michal’s voicemail is always full so you can’t even leave a message. I’m stuck with email which they have become masters of ignoring.

Even if they could ship every one of their products overnight, for half price, there’s NO CHANCE they could support them when something goes wrong. And at this point, why would they care? It’s seem like lots of people like me have paid them for doing nothing at all.

Hopefully @Michal_Jurewicz1 can contact you after seeing this

He recently posted above

Why don’t you go the legal route? If this was a car dealer, would you accept this?

1 Like

Bad situation for those affected.
Hope you all get sorted out to your satisfaction.

I put mytek on my “dont fund” list a while back after reading a few other threads on hifi forums. They join a few others who will never see a penny from me be it for new or used gear.

That being said though, I will also guarantee that a number of fanboys will play the “all is forgiven” routine and gush over them if they ever do get product. As witnessed recently on here with another manufacturer. Beggars belief.

Again, best of luck to those affected.

2 Likes

Not me
was dealer, sold Mytek for 10+ years I don’t care if they reinvent the wheel never again so rude, unprofessional, showed their true colors worse part TOTAL UNECESSARY!
Rule #1 of owning business violated they co-mingled order money with operating expenses spending all pre-order $$$$$ took 3 months to return $4244

2 Likes

Scott, did you get your refund?

Aren’t the first units supposed to have been delivered by now?

I still have not received the second half of my refund. Michal has promised to send me the money every week for the past couple of months. Last week he said that he was going to “try” and submit my refund on the 17th. Nothing happened.

this is unbelievable,whats going on at this company

2 Likes