Mytek sells and does not deliver

Scott Sanford was refunded in full as promised. Apologies for delays. M

Yes ā€¦ the money just landed in my bank account today ā€¦ thatā€™s 1 year, 4 months, and 1 day after I ordered the Bridge. But if I hadnā€™t badgered Michal relentlessly for the past 6-8 months, Iā€™m very confident I would still be waiting.

Michal, I wish you were as diligent about doing the right thing as you are about making sure this forum hears about your ā€œgood deed.ā€ Literally, you posted about the refund as soon as you transacted it. But it took you days, weeks, even months to respond to my requests for the money.

Not cool.

4 Likes

Looks like this forum is an official way of asking for a refund. Mindboggling.

Has anyone got their Brooklyn Bridge 2 yet?

I wonder how many customers theyā€™ve lost because of this thread.

1 Like

Itā€™s looking highly unlikely for me at this stage, unless the new BB is outstanding and they keep a very good trade in deal available. But Iā€™d have to be certain of the viability and good faith of Mytek.

2 Likes

As a long time Brooklyn DAC user, I do hope Mytek can get their s*** together and start delivering quality product again before the bottom falls out completely.

I still have not heard of any deliveries of the new BB2 being made

Yep, the website still says 'end of October". Nothing otherwise, no media, no reviews, no one saying theyā€™ve been asked to confirm / re-confirm their shipping address, no chatter so far.

I did some digging a while ago and I ended up buying new DAC from another company. There used to be some discussion on Audiogon forums, but threads have been deleted. I looked it up using google web cache and from what Iā€™ve seen it wasnā€™t handled well by Mytek. Maybe they learned a lesson and thatā€™s why they are hesitant to provide any valuable information here. At this point I am no longer interested in buying any device from Mytek - itā€™s beyond my comprehension how anyone would be, just waiting to see how itā€™s going to resolve. My bet? Not good for Mytek.

We have sent an email on September 12 to all clients who expressed interest in Brooklyn Bridge 2 in the past. The email stated that Brooklyn Bridge is being manufactured at the factory and that the shipping was delayed till end of October. We plan to feature the Brooklyn Bridge 2 and the Empire Streamer (that has been already shipping for the last few weeks) at the upcoming audioshow.pl and capitalaudiofest.com. For more details please email or call us.

Sincerely, Michal

Well I didnā€™t get it

1 Like

I did get emailed on the 12th.

Anyone got their Brooklyn Bridge? :smiley:

Hi, everyone!
I have something to share with you. Itā€™s gonna be very, very interesting. Soon.ā€¦. :smiling_imp:

I havenā€™t heard of anyone yet

I am glad to have read this threadā€¦ I was actively looking into a Mytek Bridge II + Amp+ā€¦ but guess will stick with my Lindemann gear (Musicbook Source II + Amp Power 500 II) for now (and Lindemann folks do answer phones and e-mails).

There should be some internet database with fraudulent audiophile companies to keep the hobby healthy.

2 Likes

Agreed, I was an owner of a BB and was fortunate enough to sell it. I was looking forward to the BBII as I really enjoyed the BB, but after empty promises and lack of communication I canā€™t see myself taking another chance/risk w/ Mytek.

I wish them nothing but success moving forward, but the damage is done, my .02.

I wonder how is the FTC case against Mytek going. @Kevin_McEvoy wrote something about it couple of months ago.

Havent heard a word in months
Communication back & forth after complaint looked promising sadly another toothless government agency have little faith anything will come from it
Btw, as of Dec 2022 Mytek STILL has Not delivered BB2 they started accepting payments for Feb 2021