NAD/Bluesound Grouped Zones out of sync, stopping playing, and/or skipping tracks [Investigating]

All of my devices (multiple Nodes and T758v3i) have the most recent firmware.

Hi @Detlev_Hackenberg,

Weā€™re aware of an issue with grouped Zone playback that emerged with a BluOS update in recent weeks. Our Partners and QA teams will identify the source of the issue and report back here.

1 Like

Just had a roon update go through and a subsequent sync issue at 5.43pm NZT

Thank you for confirming that you are looking into the sync issue. Apart from this sync problem roon is also behaving very strangely lately when playing back music through my Bluesound or NAD devices, i.e. stopping playback in the middle of a track, showing playback in the app but no audible output until I skip the track back and forth, etc.

I have been using roon with Bluesound/NAD for many years, and after the initial sync issues, which got resolved a few years ago, I have never had issues again - until now.

Iā€™m running roon on an Intel NUC11i7PAH (16GB RAM and 120GB M.2 SSD) with more than 12 Bluesound/NAD devices across my home, including BS Nodes, BS Vault, BS Pulses, BS Flexā€™, BS Pulse Soundbar, NAD T187 and NAD C 658.

Again, thank you for your support!

2 Likes

Appreciate you looking into this.

I had a lengthy thread with BluOS / NAD support and in the end they just blame my networkā€¦ or saying that ā€œperhaps Roon requires more bandwidth than your network can supplyā€ I

(I have a wired cat6a ethernet network with switches connected with optical so I doubt itā€™s a networking performance issueā€¦ :smiley: )

1 Like

Thanks for your fast reply.
Similar here cabling and bandwidth should be more than enough.
I currently am using a workaround proposed in one of the topics here: for the handling of the groups I use the bluesound app, then switch back to roon.
To me it looks like a problem somewhere between bluesound and roon. Keeping my fingers crossed that future updates will make it go away.
Enjoy your music and thanks again.

And dropped out again at 5.10pm NZT within the first song.

Can someone from Roon Support contribute something to solve the problem?

And again at 9.08am NZT.

It seems to be getting worse as well.
Previously it may take a few songs to get out of sync, now almost immediately, itā€™s becoming very frustrating and a primary reason for roon is becoming unusable.

I agree. Iā€™m hopeful that the next BluOS update will resolve this.

The same thing here.
I have to use the Bluesound app to manage the groups.

Hi everybody !!
For weeks Iā€™m disappointed with out of sync everytime, It wasnā€™t a pleasure to use my music system !
But I red this discussion, and I downgraded my bluesound players:

• 3 flex 2i (BluOS 3.20.52 ->BlusOS 3.20.45)
  • 1 node 2i (BluOS 3.20.52 ->BlusOS 3.18.7): not found more recent versionā€¦

And it works very well !! No more troubles with out of sync with Roon !

So now for me, I will download the file img of a good version of BluOS for each types of players before update :slight_smile:

Hi
Sounds promising. Thanks for letting us know.
Where did you find the old versions of the players?
Cheers

That was the difficult pointā€¦
On the Bluesound website in deutschland :slight_smile:

With this link, you select your player, and go below the selected productā€™s page.
Click on ā€œfirmware Updateā€, then in the URL, select the version you wish !

You can download the selected version, in img file and respect the following explanations to downgrade you players with an USB key:

Enjoy

Vielen Dank - thanks a lot!

Many thanks for the links and the instructions.
Downgrading my Pulse 2i to 3.20.45 solved the sync problems in my setup.

Great !!! :blush:
For my installation, no more trouble with synchronisation.
But the negative point is the message Ā« waiting for Roon Core Ā» and the music stops.
I guess itā€™s the old firmware of Node 2i, but not sureā€¦
Let me know ! :slight_smile:

Hi Connor.

Did you get any response from NAD/Bluesound to the problem / do you know whether anyone is looking into a fix for this? seems to be plenty of other users who report the same.

Some lucky ones seems to have been able to downgrade to older BlueOS firmware, but I canā€™t find it for my NAD players :frowning:

Kind regards
Anton

Hi,

just to inform and add to this conversation, that we are also experiencing the multiroom sync problem with a NAD M33 and Bluesound Pulse 2i.
I will not downgrade firmware, but I will try the tricks by starting / grouping via the bluesound app and play the Roon stream.

Kind regard,
Glenn

this has been going on now for awhile - our group consists of 2 Bluesound PowerNodes (hard wired) and 3 Bluesound Nodes (2 hardwired, one wifi) Hopefully this can get resolved at some point

1 Like