Nad c 3050 le +

Roon Core Machine

Windows 11 PC 8GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Connected Audio Devices

NAD C3050

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I configure in my Roon core the NAD C3050 with RAAT and Airplay protocol, when I play FLACs with both protocols no problem.

When I play DSD using Airplay protocol “everything is OK” but not using RAAT protocol.

When I stream DSD files to my NAD 3050 using RAAT protocol, the NAD does not sound, the progress bar does not move, and the play list jumps erratically between the songs of the album, up to a point when the NAD is lost.

Then I can not play anything, no DSD, no FLAC, no internet radio. Any idea?

Hi, I edited the title to 3050 from 30450, since it seems to be a typo, right?

Not owning the unit myself, it simply seems to not support DSD.
See screenshot …

Instead, change your device setup to convert to PCM, which it’ll need to do for DIRAC to work, anyway.

sure thanks
Yes I know that the 3050 do not play DSDs, that is why roon shows me that convert DSD to PCM, and even the sample rate is in line whith what the NAD can play, but….

Can you play 176 straight flac files to the NAD?
File available here

Woow, really nice comunity, tthanks a lot

Yup, I play from Roon streaming RAAT to NAD, Marvin Gaye - Let’s get it on FLAC-192/24, sounds good, thanks

I wasn’t thinking of testing bandwidth but the specific resolution of 176. Some devices have issues with “odd” resolutions.

Yup, you are right, I dowload the sample 176.4, is a tone test noice, it worked but not so long in line with the spectrum represenation below, but it play sound at least, thanks!

do you know if is possible to change the sample rate?, I did not chose that sample rate Roon did it.

Thanks

In your signal path screen shots, the processing speed indication shows no number, just the “x” (times) indication - could be, your core is overwhelmed with sample rate conversion?
Question is, what spec is your win 11 core?

1 Like

We try… :slight_smile: I’ve got a C 3050 LE, as well. I just tried playing a couple of DSD64 files on it, with no problems. Perhaps it’s a network problem? What version of the BluOS firmware are you running?

Dual-Core Intel Core i5 (2015)

BluOS 3.20.46

the network is with cable, but with devolo through power line, maybe is this, I will try direct. Thanks Guys, thanks a lot

1 Like

Thanks a lot Guys for your support, I still have to see if there is something on, network?, core? I will tell you, justa s a coment, next to my NAD I have a Naim Uniti Atom and a Audiolab Omnia.
The Uniti Atom according to Roon do not need conversion to PCM, but the Audiolab needs, and I do not have problems in the same network, same connection, the problem is just the NAD.

Looking at your signal path in the above image you’re using osmixer it’s not in WASAPi exclusive mode so is at the mercy of the os mixer settings where you wont ever get DSD.

BluOS does not support native DSD it will always convert to PCM via Roon. What is odd in your screenshots is that Roon is showing processing speed with no value just x which is odd. It should be giving a speed value after the x. What is your core hardware it may be well under spec to process DSD as that’s processor intensive.

Thanks a lot Guys, before spending some thousands euros in a new computer I decided to install roon core in an old iMac Retina 5K Intel Quad Core i5 and see if I need a new computer becuase my Win11 clearly can not so mi Mac?

I still ahev the same problem with the NAD, but I stream from my iMac a DSD 128 to a Google Home Mini, Google Home Mini!

it Worked flawlessly

I am confuse but appreciate all the support you gave me, is really great guys thanks!, I will see were I go now.

:slight_smile:

sure, the same old problem with still the same song, the same iMac in the NAD

I limit the sampling rate in the config of the NAD in Roon to Max 48kHz…

and it worked!

I do not know if is my NAD or the conversion from Roon, but it doesn’t work with anything higher than 48kHz, it worked just Up tu 48 kHz

I went back to my Windows 11, and stream to the NAD, this time a FLAC 128.

it worked

if I limit the conversion of DSD to FLAC to no more than 48 kHz streaming from Roon to the NAD,…it worked.

So maybe is too much DSD to FLAC 128 and with my computers I just can go from DSD to FLAC 48, or new computers…

I’ll will have to see. but thanks for your invaluable help! you make me think, you gave me tips, were a great help!

1 Like

Now I stream from Roon to discontinued Google Chomecast Audio 1 little device from 10 years ago, and can can successfully play a DSD 128 down converted to 88.2 kHz, without OS intervention (according to signal path)
Let’s see