NAD C700 suddenly isn't shown as 'Roon Ready' anymore

Roon Core Machine

Roon Core on iMac 2022, M1 chip, Ventura 13.3.1 (a), 8GB memory, 494,38 GB storage > Music files on external Samsung T7, 2Tb SSD > NAD C700

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Icotera (?) modem 2.4 / 5 GHz > 2 x Nokia ‘Beacon’ routers, everything Wi-Fi connected.

Connected Audio Devices

NAD C700, Wi-Fi connected to routers, to computer, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

27,730 (according to Blusound), 55,647 (according to Roon).

Description of Issue

My NAD C700 showed as ‘Roon Ready,’ when I first used Roon (trial period, then subscription). Now it ‘only’ shows up as being able to connect through Air Play. I’m wondering if any of the Brains Trust know what the problem might be and how to fix it?
I have been having trouble with the Bluesound app not being able to process all my tracks (it got to 4,500 then started again, like being stuck in a in a loop), I was asked to restart the modem and routers and I removed all traces of the app, etc. (This did seem to cause the ‘address’ of the iMac for Jellyfin/Kodi set-up to change from 117 (or similar) to 110). Today, they identified that it was one particular file that was causing the problem - removed that, and all runs smooth again. However, at some point, the NAD C700 has stopped showing up as ‘Roon Ready.’ I checked the relevant Roon list, and it is there as being ‘Roon Ready.’ I’m including a screenshot of the Roon ‘audio’ page. I’m in Denmark, but I don’t think that affects things!
So, I’m wondering why? What have I possibly done that has removed the C700 and / or how do I get it back as ‘Roon Ready,’ anyone know?

Thanks, Steve

Did you perform a firmware update and possibly a factory reset on the NAD?

Probably this known issue in a recent BluOS update:

Bluesound have issued another update for their devices that apparently fixes it, not sure about the current state for NAD. You may want to ask NAD support for an update or reverting you to a previous version

Hej. Thanks for the reply.

Yes, I did do a factory reset of the NAD and updated to what was at that time, the latest version of Bluesound. I downloaded Bluesound app from their downloads page this morning, so I would presume it is the latest version. I’m guessing that also installed the latest version on the NAD as well. This is the one that works for the reading of my Library, and it says it is ‘Mac OS App 3.20.5 BluOs 3.20.45.’

So wait for another update? And contact NAD in the meantime?

Steve

Contact NAD it’s a known bug in the Latest BluOS which breaks Roon when it’s factory reset. They will remotely roll it back for you.

Thank you for your reply.

I’ve been in contact with a guy at Bluesound about the original problem now solved, and asked him about the ‘Roon Ready’ problem. He’s asked for some info including a ‘Linkup Session ID’ and asked for me not to turn the NAD off (though I do have to go in for an evening shift soon, but I’ll leave it all on), so…I’m guessing he may well do what you suggest.

I’m thinking that NAD would just refer me to Bluesound anyway, so I’ll get back to you with how it turns out. Thank you so much for your friendly and helpful service, I’m really pleased with the Roon system as a whole - especially the back up function!

Steve

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.