NAD T 778 Roon Ready Certification? [April 2021 Now Roon Ready]

Hello Roon, @mike,

There is no reaction from Roon for half a year now.

People are desperately asking for help from you’re side but there is no reaction at all. A 3000€ product lost Roon Ready status, is this how you treat partners?

How so? and you will not support this issue over 6 months with a word. please be so kind and say something.

You can’t loose what you never had. It’s never been certified. Likely because it has issues that NAD are reluctant or can’t solve. There have been many issues with NAD kit over the years. Roon don’t comment on any status of the Roon Ready programme until it’s certified as part of their agreements with manufacturers. Blame NAD for advertising a product to be Roon Ready when it clearly isn’t.

1 Like

I did blame NAD. they told me that they did everything and I should blame Roon for being so slow (i can not tell who is right here). what I do not understand is the long list of cooperation with NAD without taking care- both of them- of their customers. and it was working as roonready! before September 2020. roon changed policy- and I think so too - NAD should have been aware of the change…its a bit of an ignorant way- like 1.8. it’s a long beta-test strategy…never a stable version…

Just because a product works as if it were Roon Ready does not mean it has been certified as Roon Ready. For a while, NAD indicated on their site that the M33 was Roon Ready, and it was never certified as such by Roon. NAD seems to have a knack of doing things like that. And then they always blame Roon, while in actuality, Roon would love to get the proper NAD firmware updates that would lead to certification. But Roon is powerless until those updates come through.

I understand that, but it’s quite difficult from outside…

Hello @latenz,

We understand your frustration and take your concerns seriously. When a user of ours has purchased a device and for one reason or another is unable to use it with Roon it’s a lose-lose-lose situation.

It’s important to note that the NAD T 778 did not “lose” Roon Ready status. We made a change in September of last year eliminating a loophole that allowed uncertified development devices to be enabled by end-users. We gave partners ample heads up to submit their devices and get their devices certified before the deadline.

As per policy, we do not give timelines or estimates for when a certification will be finished. The purpose of this policy isn’t to frustrate people with a lack of information, it’s a reflection of the reality that software development is a difficult thing to predict and that goes double for when dealing with third-parties.

What I can say is that NAD is working furiously to get this done and that we continue to look for opportunities to assist them wherever possible along the way. Given the trajectory of things I’m hoping we can get this wrapped up sooner rather than later. As I’m sure you know the T 778 is a big upgrade for the NAD AVR platform with tons of new features to account for.

-John

4 Likes

Thank you so much…never lost the faith…;-))

Apparently a positive announcement is expected very soon…

I just got Roon yesterday and I have the NAD T778 AVR. So I have Roon software running on my laptop directly connected to the T778 via HDMI cable. The audio is definitely better using BluOS natively than via Roon and the HDMI output. I can’t wait for the Roon certification! I’m thinking to buy a separate network streaming DAC like the Matrix Audio Mini I Pro 3 which is Roon Ready and connect it to my T778 via RCA cables and also a dedicated NUC to run the Roon Core software.

A post was split to a new topic: BluOS upgraded but Roon will not enable my NAD T-778 as Roon-ready

2 posts were merged into an existing topic: BluOS upgraded but Roon will not enable my NAD T-778 as Roon-ready

Yes, after a restart of my core the T778 is certified. Thnx Roon!!

2 Likes

Today is a good day!

1 Like

Yes confirmed as well that the T778 is Roon Certified after the latest FW upgrade!! Sounds great!

Yes, also confirmed for my T778. I’m very happy, it sounds really great!

Thanks Team Roon / Team NAD

2 Likes

Kinda funny that Roon did not announce this on their twitter. they have been announcing new devices left and right. Feel like there is some bad blood here.

I’m not sure what would make you think there is bad blood, but you are creating controversy where there is none.

Even with this fiasco of pre-certification “beta” releases, we prefer to think of it as an error through inaction or premature excitement, and not malice.

Note that different marketing teams work on different paces. We did push this out on our partners devices lists:

2 Likes

Happy as well… it works, I will be keeping my Roon subscription :slight_smile: Thanks all!

1 Like

Happy it’s now working as advertised!

1 Like

Yay! So glad this is resolved. Sounds great! I was having a bit of trouble with intermittent visibility of both my Bluesound devices in Roon. I ungrouoed them in Bluesound, rebooted everything and now everything seems to be working properly. I will control grouping in Roon only moving forward. I have an NAD T778 and a Bluesound Pulse Flex 2i

1 Like