NAS library access and Qobuz access

Roon Core Machine

QNAP 253D, 2x 3Tb discs, 2x Tb SSD, QTS 5.0.0.2055, Roon Core 1.8 (Build 970)

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Linksys Velop, accessing the NAS via a Linksys router.

Connected Audio Devices

NAS, Mac, HP laptop, printer, etc.

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I still have to use a network share to access the local disc - not sure what I am doing wrong? And also I now can’t login into my Qobuz account and get ‘unexpected error, please check you account details’. When I login to Qobuz on their site is fine. I use my email address as the login name. Any help on either would be much appreciated. Many apologies if these issues are covered elsewhere on the forum, I haven’t been online here for a while. Michael.

If your music and core are the same device, browse the local file system to locate your media files. Please share a screenshot of your Roon storage settings.

Regarding Qobuz, be sure to login with the email address associated with the account and not your username.

Re Qobuz, I am using my email address as the login. Re NAS storage access, when I use the add folder option it identifies and adds fine, but does not scan, even if I do a force scan. See workaround setting below:

See screen shot of error messaging when trying to login into Qobuz. The pass word is correct.

If your core is on the NAS, why are you using a Samba share? Browse the file system and select a local folder.

Incidentally, you may want to redact your email address.

Most-likely because of:

1 Like

Yes I recall seeing this some time ago. Sounds like it was never fixed… And now I can’t access Qobuz either. Seems like I am going backwards!

Hi @Michael_Paulson,

Thank you for bringing this issue to your attention. The tech support attempted to pull diagnostic information from your Roon Core, but it appears your Core was offline or otherwise unreachable at the time of the request.

If you don’t mind, would you please follow the directions found here and send over a set of logs to our File Uploader?

We’ll be able to assist you with next steps from there. Thank you!

I have fixed the Qobuz login issue by deleting and reinstalling Core on my NAS a few times - which is probably why you couldn’t see the Core (which is now back up on line). The issue re only accessing local files via network share however persists. I have uploaded some recent logs as requested. Let me know if you need more. Best wishes, Michael.

Hi @Michael_Paulson,

Glad to hear the Qobuz issue is resolved. We’re continuing to look into the issue and I’ll post updates as QA tracks down the QNAP local file issue. Thank you for providing logs in the meantime, and I appreciate your continued patience.

Here’s a link to the most recent update posted from the main tracking thread in the #roon section, where we’re looking into this longer-term issue.

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.