Nasty worrying random pops on song changes

Hey @MBI,

Please accept our apologies for the delay in an official response to your support request here.

It’s been a few weeks, so I wanted to check - are you still experiencing occasional pops or digital distortion? We’re standing by to promptly investigate diagnostics if so.

Many thanks for your response, dear Connor.

Pops are still ocuring, yes, when turning the music off. Has happened 9AM (Paris France time) today using the Roon pause button. It only occurs in one of the 4 Roon zones I have (Rpi 4B running RopieeeXL with an AES/EBU HAT digital output to 2 daisy chained 8361A Genelec Monitors). All other zones have an intermediate DAC (which seems to prevent any pop), not the poping one.

Pops that use to occur while listening have now disapeared, thanks to Michael_Harris and Marin_Weigel using the sample rate conversion trick (many thanks again).

Thanks again to Michael and Marin. However, I’d like to get rid of the remaining pops, if at all possible.

1 Like

May we consider entering a feature request for Roon to implement graceful stream start, switch, pause, and stop utilizing zero crossing detection, as many other digital software players already silently and unpoppingly use?

1 Like

Many thanks for suggesting. If that solves the issue, how can we feature request, please?

Just remembered that it does exist already and that I did vote for it, too!

1 Like

Voted, thanks. Start and stop digital pops are horrid and possibly damaging my gear. At this point, I’d happily dump Roon for anything better if you have suggestions…

In my view, Roon has no competition.
Let us know, if you succeed in finding Unobtainium…

1 Like

Competitors are welcome in my view, as I also get a randomly dreadful blasting to maximum volume bug, which may damage all my gear for good one day. But that’s another topic (that I already have posted into). Many thanks again for your kind support and explainations. Best

Just to let you know, dear Marin, PixelPopper just told me to add some resync delay on another thread. 500ms works for him. Am trying 100ms for now. Seems to work for now!

Just to let others know, 100ms seems to work well here as pops have not been heard at all in 5 days.

Oh dear, my wife’s just noticed some pops last night and this morning. I just increased the sync delay to 500ms to see if more also is more effective. Will report if not.

Wife noticed a pop turning the music off yesterday, despite all this. The pop wasn’t hudge as before, but present still.

This topic was automatically closed 2 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.