Need advice please with HEGEL

Looks like Roon Ready is on its way for the H190, new H390 and H590, though timescale is still a little vague.

Yes. Can confirm this as Hegel replied to one of my support questions with confirmation that Roon-Ready is coming soon. My question had to do with AirPlay 2 support and they also confirmed that they will start working on this right after wrapping up Roon support. Good news!

1 Like

Of course, the other way of looking at the H390 release is that it’s a good time to pick up a deal on an H360 if you can find one…well, that’s what I’ve ended up doing anyway, as I’m perfectly happy with my Lumin D2 as a digital stage. The H360 sounds fantastic to me, certainly a completely different league to the Rost…I’m very happy :smiley:

any news?, Hegel h190 is now running on roon ready?

I wish I had good news but delivery dates for Roon Readiness on the H190 have been slipping for over a year.

Hegel is a small company. I suspect with their limited human resources, Roon Readiness is not a top priority.

If/when they do deliver Roon Readiness on the H190, there will be much cheering here.

I have heard from another member that it will come end of August or Fall 2019.

I was in touch with Hegel last week. They said they hope to have Roon Readiness for H190 by the end of the year. The person hinted that the delay was at Roon’s end in terms of the certification process.

Thanks for this info, looks like that we will never get it ready.

I work for Hegel and am one of the people answering on our customer service. Our standard answer is that Roon should be ready for H190, H390 and H590 by the end of this year. I certainly hope that it will be sooner and there are so far no delays in this process.

3 Likes

Thank you @Tim_Brown if this is true, I will be picking up a H390 from my dealer this weekend!

1 Like

What about Airplay 2?!

I am using mconnect on my iOS device to stream Tidal MQA over DLNA to my H390 until it’s ready. I haven’t been able to confirm if the H390 will actually process the MQA stream properly until the 27th September - will report back then. M connect is a free app if anyone else is keen to try it though… I tried it in a Devialet store with 2x Reactor 900s and they sounded very detailed - much better then over Spotify connect. The Reactor 900s cannot do MQA though.

mnconnect details FYI:

http://www.conversdigital.com/eng/product/product03.php

I know it, but for my H190 there is no gapless play possible, with all apps. Only Roon provide gapless, so if you haven‘t a Roon Bridge device between Network and Hegel you only get gapless play via AirPlay. AFAIK no Hegel support gapless. If your H390 will not get Roon Ready you have a problem!

Apparently mconnect does support gapless playback according to the product info page:

Gapless Playback, DSD and FLAC music playback.“

http://www.conversdigital.com/eng/product/product04.php

But not Hegel. Try it!

All ok with you or have you forget your medicine?

There is no gapless playback with UPNP/dina on Hegel devices. AirPlay via Roon and the future Roon ready update are the only solutions to the problem.

That is exact the same I posted!, Thanks for confirming it.

There is a plan for the H190 to be Roon Endpoint so I would wait for a few more months and use AirPlay until the update.
Victor

it looks like hegel 190,390 and 590 may be roon ready before the end of this year. may be november or december.

can some one from hegel or roon pitch in on this :slight_smile:

folks from hegel and roon , please get this update and certification out sooner :slight_smile: