Network Acoustics Muon Filter

What are your listening impressions of the new Muon Ethernet Filter?

A test of your will, @Graeme_Finlayson :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

1 Like

Itā€™s pure Magic! They can achieve RFI/EMI filtering without any frequency dependent components.

Features

• RFI/EMI Filter: Proprietary pure silver filter system ā€“ no inductors, chokes, capacitors or resistors used.

Snakier than a pit full of vipersā€¦

4 Likes

Someone has failed the test of their willā€¦

That is British Snake Oil - the best in the world! It is April Foolā€™s day, but who can tell with snake oil of this quality.

1 Like

Considering that the Earth just got smacked with gobs of sun-stuff yesterday, a muon filter seems like a good thing to have. Sunscreen, too.

2 Likes

For a real scare, I suggest ā€œForgotten Civilizationā€ by Robert Schoch.

2 Likes

Ooooh, ā€œthe reinterpreted Easter Island rongorongo textsā€! Probably contain the lost secrets of SQ!

1 Like

But thank God it has a ā€œBespoke enclosure made from non-magnetic ABS plasticā€. Sigh. I didnā€™t even know that magnetic plastic was a thing.

1 Like

This product makes me physically sad.

2 Likes

Try reading the Reviews section of the site to cheer yourself up.

2 Likes

Normally on these products there is an extensive description of the way the product works by slowing down the rotation of the earth or aligning the flux in The Aether; here however, it doesnā€™t seem to explain what the filter is filtering.

1 Like

If you donā€™t make any claims you canā€™t be done by the Advertising Standards Authority.

They donā€™t seem to make any claims that can be measured, other than ā€˜designed to operate at 100Mb/sā€™ which suggests it has half the pairs missing.

2 Likes

I tried, but they were exasperating to read. This, on the other hand, did make me laugh ā€¦

3 Likes

Looking at cons unfolding in bright daylight is a bit like not being able to take oneā€˜s eyes off a road accident. The most stunning fact remains how easy it is to separate humans from their income, which by the prices asked should not be stupid.

3 Likes

Not even polycarbonate.

2 Likes

Lightbulb moment - it must use transformers. Not strictly an inductor, not a choke and not a capacitor or a resistor.

But hey, every ethernet interface uses transformers. Silver wound ethernet transformers? For that price, Iā€™d want silver plated hair from a unicornā€™s mane wrapped around fairy dust sprinkled cores, delivered by Gollum to tell me how ā€˜preciousā€™ it isā€¦

3 Likes

Best I could do at short notice ā€¦

5 Likes

Your Photoshop skills are certainly a cut above mine! Awesome edit!

1 Like

2 Likes

Precious. Hobbitses.

3 Likes