Network Acoustics Muon Filter

:rofl:

Not forgetting the ‘wide bandwidth’ Telegärtner Cat 8.1 connectors (not mentioned here, but on the optional Muon streaming cable). Yeah, essential for 100BASE-T ethernet. And FFS, they can’t even spell it right…

1 Like

It would appear he’s suffering from buyer’s remorse!

2 Likes

Did you also notice this …

“A true unidirectional single copper crystal, as free from impurities as possible to prevent corrosion.”

Got to love those one-way data cables :wink: :partying_face: :eyes:

1 Like

TCP connection timeout…

1 Like

Ah yes to hear music like the designers of streamers and DACs intended, I remember when cables brought you to the Nirvana of what the artist intended and put you in the studio with them, now we can get a virtual reality link with the engineers. Wow, just wow.

.sjb

3 Likes

Y’all might enjoy the book “Propaganda”, by a famous marketing genius, Edward Bernays. Somebody in the audiophile world seems to have read it cover to cover.

2 Likes

I count 26 replies quickly condemning something new that none of these people has tried, without a single answer. We probably won’t hear from anyone trying the manufacturer’s risk free trial now that the Reality Police have branded them as suckers.

Some of us, though, are still curious. Can’t we ask for listening impressions?

2 Likes

The problems with the listening impressions of others on such an esoteric product are, in my opinion, that it will be very system specific and that for such products hardly anyone ever admits to buyers remorse.

Brad, ethernet has been solved for years. Audio over TCP/IP is no different to video, or any other form of data. Objective measurements debunk all this crap about noise affecting the endpoint. If a change in noise can’t be measured down into the realms of < -130dB, it can’t be heard, no matter how ‘highly resolving’ a system or how ‘golden-eared’ the listener. To bring noise at that level above 0dB and make it audible means bringing the signal up to 130dB. Very few systems can reach that level, and even if they could, you wouldn’t be able to listen to it because it’s into the threshold of pain. You would be too busy clamping your hands over your ears and trying to pick yourself up off the floor at the same time to worry about differences in instrument position, soundstage or whatever.

This is science. Physics, biology, biomechanics.

The subjective listening impressions you seek from others are just that - subjective. However, they’re driven by expectation and other biases which seem to be in direct proportion to the size of the dent left in one’s wallet from purchasing these ‘devices’.

3 Likes

There is no point in me trying it - I keep getting told that I’m either deaf or my system isn’t resolving enough.

1 Like

Of course you can, but you already know what they will be. The people who have bought one of these, and kept it, will tell you all the usual stuff, that: the noise floor is lower; instruments are better separated; there is more ‘air’ around the instruments; the sound is more analogue; and so on.

1 Like

I haven’t tried the Muon, but I plan to.

I have the Gigafoil filter, and it was a revelation. It removed the glare and grunge from the ethernet. Now streaming sounds like the reference CD playback I once had.

One does have to very careful with the power supply to avoid injecting noise.

I will report back once I hear the Muon.

You may be able to eliminate one of your black boxes because Muon is passive which means there’s no need for a power supply. I have tried Muon in the recommended location between SR switch & amp as well as between Fios router & switch. Haven’t settled on final spot yet because I hear noticeable improvements in both configurations. Keep in mind, NA recommends at least 100hrs run-in time. I’m about to go fiber from router to switch, so I will most likely go back to recommended location which is just before Gold Note integrated amp. Subjectively however, I do hear a slightly more relaxed, without sacrificing detail, tonally accurate presentation. There’s more “there” there. Muon builds on the benefits of ENO for those of you who have experienced that fine product from Network Acoustics. I will be interested in your listening impressions.

O.P.
I tried their ENO system on 30days free trial, with all expectations to not hear any improvement on my already fairly high level system.
Unfortunately I was disappointed in the fact it made quite a noticeable difference.
I intend to trial the Muon filter system in the near future to see what level this can improve upon the already impressive ENO system.
All those comments that claim snake oil etc obviously haven’t even bothered to try it in their systems to be able to make an informed comment……so I’d just ignore them and try it.
If you don’t like what it does or don’t think it’s worth the asking price, just send it back, all it costs is the return postage.
I didn’t send my ENO back. It’s as good as a source upgrade, so very efficient regards to price/performance in my opinion.
Someone that has actually trialled one of their products and listened with my own ears in my own system and made my own informed decision.

I have the Network Acoustics Muon filter between Synergistic Research UEF Ethernet Switch & Gold Note Integrated connected with SR Galileo SX Ethernet cable. Seems to work best just before DAC. In my case, the GN integrated. Before I added copper to fiber between Fios router & SR switch, found the Muon in that location provided a nice improvement as well.

I might add, after trying EtherRegen with & without external clock, then replacing with ENO, then Muon, the Muon is not leaving my system. All provided an appealing improvement in SQ, the Muon provided more.

Don’t know why people waste their time explaining such things. It doesn’t do any good.

Apart from with their products, you just send it back if you don’t like it……so no buyers remorse and you get your money back.
In fact I tried another one of their products that in my system didn’t warrant the gains for the cost……so I returned it, no problems.

Obviously, tweaks are system dependent. We should all remember this when auditioning the many devices out there. However, how can you go wrong with a 30 day no questions return policy? If you like what it does keep it. If not, return it. Rich at Network Acoustics has been honest & straightforward with me. Excellent customer service & fast shipping!