Network share disconnects after reboot

I’m having a new network share issue that crept up after upgrading from macOS Sierra to High Sierra. Currently after a reboot, Roon Core does not reconnect to the NAS on the local network. Roon Core forces me to recreate the connection, adding location and username/password. Then repeat the process after every reboot.

Any ideas?

Current setup:

• Core: macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 on a Mac mini 2.3GHz i7 with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD
  • My music is stored on a Synology RS815+ NAS running DSM 6.1.3-25253 Update 8

Did you try to ping? May be firewall ought to be tuned?

Thanks for the feedback, @Dylan_Eddy. The insight is appreciated!

I agree with the @Lonek 's suggestion (:thumbsup:), can you please confirm that there are no active firewalls or antivirus applications currently running in your setup.

-Eric

Hey guys - thanks for the replies.

I don’t have antivirus or firewalls running on the Mini.

Hi @Dylan_Eddy ----- Thanks for touching base and verifying that information for me.

Moving forward, I want to have a better understanding in regard to how the NAS is communicating with the app and your network. With this in mind, may I very kindly ask you to please describe your network configuration/topology, being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing.

-Eric

I cannot get Roon to see my shares… DNLA
Assistance?

Hi @Michael_Partridge ---- Thank you for chiming in and sharing your feedback with us.

In order for us to have a better understanding of what is going on with your setup, we will need the following information:

• A brief but accurate description of your current setup, using the link as a guide.

• As I have asked Dylan, please describe your network configuration/topology, being sure to provide insight into any networking hardware you are currently implementing.

• Please provide some further insight into the behavior you are experiencing. I want to have a clear understanding of what exactly the issue is and what has been tried thus far to address it. Things to consider:

• Have you always had this “issue” or is this a recent observation? If it is the latter, have there been any changes made to your setup recently?

• What troubleshooting has been performed thus far since reporting this behavior?

-Eric

Hey Eric - Here’s what my hardware/network looks like:

• I’m running the latest versions of Roon/Core (1.3 (build 269, 64bit)

• Roon: macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 on a 27" iMac 4GHz i7 with 32GB RAM and 1TB SSD

• Core: macOS High Sierra 10.13.1 on a Mac mini 2.3GHz i7 with 16GB RAM and 1TB SSD

• My music is stored on a Synology RS815+ NAS running DSM 6.1.3-25253 Update 8

• I was told in a previous post when setting up the Mini (Core) to not auto mount the Synology music share. Is that correct?

Network:

• Router: Pakedge RK-1 with latest firmware
  • Managed Switches: Pakedge SX-24 POE with latest firmware (currently the server and Mini are bypassing the switch, plugged directly into the router.
  • Everything is wired over cat5e/cat6

Thanks for getting back to me @Dylan_Eddy, very appreciated!

Moving forward, can you verify for me that when the share is “lost” by the application you can still successfully access the same share on the OS level.

-Eric

Hey Eric - thanks for the reply.

I have verified the share is still available at OS level.

Hi @Dylan_Eddy ---- Thank you for the follow up and my apologies for the slow response here.

Moving forward, would you kindly reproduce the issue a few times and note the time frames when the issues are observed. When I have the requested timestamps I will enable diagnostics on your account and we can have a closer look into this behavior for you :microscope:

-Eric

Hey Eric - time stamp is 8:51-2 PM, Thursday Nov 16. I can reproduce 100%.

Looking forward to seeing what you find. Thanks!

Thanks for the follow up @Dylan_Eddy!

Once my report is evaluated by our tech staff and they’ve completed their analysis of the diagnostics report, I will be sure to follow up with the team’s findings in a timely manor.

Your continued patience is very appreciated!
-Eric

Hi @hedkase ---- Letting you know that I have reached out to you via Pm with an update.

Many thanks!
-Eric