Network Sharing in Windows 10

OK, so the username is the same on both machines: billp

Then, assuming the password is the same also (and I think it will be), try @CrystalGipsy 's suggestion of creating a local user (name: roon) on your new laptop, and add it to the Network Folder sharing permissions…

See:

I tried dlm\billp as the user name and that did not work. Got the unauthorized message

Thanks, CrystalGipsy! Could you elaborate on how you do that?

Look at the link I gave you in my last message.

Thanks, bear. I enabled all of the discovery options in advanced settings for network, public, etc.

Thanks, Geoff. I will give it a whirl

Sorry…missed that

I would have tried billp as username and DLM in the workgroup field then (IIRC is the Workgroup treated like the Domain in login dialogs).

Thanks to CrystalGipsy and Geoff_Coupe!!! Setting up Roon as a separate user did the trick! Thanks!!!

5 Likes

Well done for persevering. Thought it might be the issue. They seemed to change the security levels for shared access some time ago. It drove me to distraction as my own login just refused to work. Sometimes they make it ridiculously hard to achieve what should be a simple task.

3 Likes

Thanks so much for your help!!!

Unfortunately, I am not seeing all of the stored music on my iphone! Any ideas for that?

Never mind…they just decided to show up a day later!!

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.