Networking Issue with Melco S100

sorry, i lost your answer. now it’s been a long time. in that time, I then formatted everything and decided to halve the music library. then still other changes, now I have problems with the new Melco S100 Switch, I lose packets and ROON returns network errors, but only if I connect the Melco S100 with the slowest ports (the first 4 ports) to the DCS bridge. if I use the other 1Gbit ports everything goes smoothly

1 Like

Hello @Giona_Orlandi ,

So we can better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

What does your full network setup look like?

If this works as expected, can you continue to use the 1GB ports?

many thanks Noris for the replay,
I can use the 1GB one, but the 100M ports are better in sound quality (at least that’s what Melco’s say).
it is a problem that can depend on various factors, my configuration starts from a windows 10 20H2 PC with latest version ROON core via optical fiber in a Qnap switch then with copper in a Melco S100 switch then in the dCS Bridge and finally in the dac

I use the 1 GB port for the roon core (ROCK) and the NAS.
The streaming clint is connected to the 100 MB port.
This has worked without errors since day one.
btw: the internet router is also connected to the gigabit port
Rüdiger

1 Like

which kind of streaming client ?

The client is also a “little” NUC. The operating system is Win Server 2019, core mode & RAAT.
USB → Audiobyte HydraZ → I2S → ROCKNA Wavedream SE .

Rüdiger

1 Like

If I am not mistaken Roon doesn’t support Server 2019 ?

To be very clear:
My roon core is a NUC with the BS ROCK.
It “fetches” the music from a NAS and streams it (via RAAT) to a 2nd NUC. The client. And here is the OS win Server 2019. (core mode, without graphical user interface).

interesting solution! try as I am doing to interpose some audiophile switches, it should improve the sound quality a lot