New 14-day trial and Roon is a disaster. Roommate's trial was flawless on the same equipment. Please help

Hi @Drew_Robinson,

Do you experience this if you play to anything besides the Chromecasts?

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup and the Signal Path when playing to this device?

I’d like to point out some documentation we have that may be helpful here. In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon .

If you go to Settings > Library > Skipped Files do you see any of your missing files there?

I’d like to recommend looking at a couple of specific examples of tracks that did not get imported into Roon. Are they supported files? Are they showing up in Skipped Files? If it looks like they should be importing, let me know! Screenshots of these files in their storage location would be helpful for discovering what may be happening.

Often times we’ve found that connection issues with TIDAL can be resolved by using Google DNS or Cloudflare DNS — Can you give that a try and let us know if it helps?

As mentioned, this can definitely cause some issues. We have information about this in our Networking Guide — I definitely recommend checking that out! Ultimately bypassing this or adjusting settings on this would be good to try.

Do you experience this if you play to anything besides the Chromecasts?

No, just with Chromecasts.

Can you share a screenshot of Device Setup and the Signal Path when playing to this device?

Sig path

In our KB we have an article about Skipped Files and an article about why some files might be missing from Roon

Thanks for this. I had no idea there was documentation or a place where skipped files are logged. I’ll look into this.

As mentioned, this can definitely cause some issues. We have information about this in our Networking Guide

I’ll have a look at this as well. Like I said, bypassing the switch is a challenge given that the ceiling AP is plugged into it, so without the switch I have no WiFi and therefore no Roon devices other than the Mac Mini, which already works fine. Also keep in mind the same switch was present when the first account was used and there were no issues. Nevertheless I’ll look into it.

Thanks for the reply. Three days left now on the free trial and I think I’ll likely extend it, at least for a month.

Edit: Can you explain the two Equalizers and the DSP Volume entries in this signal path? These are present in the signal paths of all my Chromecast devices. Thanks.

Hi @Drew_Robinson,

Based on the Signal Path it looks like this is happening after the audio has been sent to the Chromecast. Are there any settings that might be causing this if you look at the Chromecast’s audio settings?

What kind of device do you have the Chromecast connected to?

You might have those set in Google Home app as this overrides settings in Roon if applied and Roon will report this. Go into Google Home and turn off the equalizer. Also if you using device volume on Chromecasts your using its crappy volume control which is not lossless. Best to set it to 100% and use amp to adjust volume.

Your screenshot shows a 96Khz file - not sure whether or not this is coincidence. Many people have experienced issues with dropouts at 96Khz with CCA - simplest solution is to downsample the content for this zone via Roon. However, if all is well, it should work fine at all other lower sample rates.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.