New Chord product (Mojo 2?)

There are modern versions of the boombox aka ghetto blaster, which are slightly more portable than the Mojo2 :rofl::

Pyle driver

3 Likes

They’re making a comeback, noticed the 49ers packing this lately

4 Likes

Awesome!!
(just a little off topic - sorry about that but boom boxen have their own gravity :sunglasses:)

3 Likes

Never seen so many Mojo 1s for sale on eBay :laughing:

1 Like

It’s like a plague, not the time to set a £250 minimum bid and £350 buy it now price.

“Pre-owned” is marketing speak for “second hand” then? Sounds as though they’re trying to frame “pre-owning” as some kind of service

1 Like

I’m considering advertising mine as “pre-loved” :slight_smile: Am really really trying to keep myself from pulling the trigger on the iFi Gryphon.

1 Like

Anybody who thinks the Mojo 2 is transportable and not portable needs to hit the gym to lose a few pounds, and finally admit they are too old to wear skinny jeans :wink:

5 Likes

LOL, it’s more the lack of a transport/connection hassle. Phone plus cable plus Mojo isn’t convenient.

This is still probably true in my case :rofl:

2 Likes

Just happened to see your review @Simon_Price. Great stuff! What do you think of the Mojo 2 in your main system compared to the RME?

I actually contacted Chord about voltage output for line out as I wanted to try in my main system. This is what they told me:

The old Mojo line out was 3v rather than 2v and to achieve that on Mojo2, you need to do the following;

This is the first setting of the ‘upper’ volume range. This is identified by a illuminated mode light on the left, but the volume + and - lights are extinguished.

Now you will need to press the volume + button EXACTLY 41 times. The result > is showing in the second picture, two BLUE volume buttons.

Supporting images attached.

What? How much did they pay a consultant to come up with that design choice?

5 Likes

It’s why you pay nearly 500 for, poor usability.

1 Like

It’s meant to be ‘enjoyable’ to use…? :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

£41 probably.

1 Like

I’m sure the Qutest has a straightforward ‘hold down 2 buttons at switch on’ type method of setting the output voltage. Why can’t this new Mojo2 use the same method? Don’t think it remembers the choice after power-down though, which is sensible for a portable DAC but not one intended for permanent connection like the Qutest.

This is my video I posted yesterday Chord Mojo 2 : A+ Sound Quality / B+ Build Quality
Chord Mojo 2 : A+ Sound Quality / B+ Build Quality - YouTube, which I think is fair.

Rme is quite a bit better Wayne but FYI you don’t need to press the volume buttons 41 times. Just hold it down. Cheers simon

3 Likes

Warren not Wayne. Sorry

Yeah, I know. Can quite easily see the incremental light changes as you go up and down. Even with my poor eyesight.
Have had this for over a week now and no longer need to refer to the manual etc to use and set the various functions. It’s all second nature already as long as you remember good ol’ ROYGBIV :wink:

2 Likes

No dramas. All good :slight_smile:

Yes, the Chord Mojo 2 is shipping in the U.S. now. Will the Mojo 2 work with Roon, I’m wondering, even if it hasn’t been Roon certified yet? When will the Mojo 2 certify with Roon, I’m wondering?

You’d need a streamer of some kind or hook it up to a core via USB. The Poly is Chords official streaming unit for MoJo, it works with Roon but isn’t certified Roon ready.