New Chord product (Mojo 2?)

Yes that is right thanks for the clarification

Says here Poly is Roon Ready

1 Like

It does, I have one and thought they were only “tested”. Shows what I know and thanks for clarifying.

2 Likes

Hi @vomdmdiv, I’ve got the Mojo 2 connected to my MacBook Air via USB C (also tried it with micro USB) and it’s working fine with Roon.

1 Like

Chord mojo poly has worked really well for me for years. Add an sd card for out n about and Roon for home.

3 Likes

It would be good to have a consensus for which Mojo 2 DSP settings might be the best settings (eg. best frequency response) for the more popular headphones out there. I have the Audeze LCD-X cans and currently use the Roon DSP preset for them. I’m wondering if there is an advantage of using the Mojo 2 DSP settings over the Roon DSP preset for the Audeze LCD-X - or, vice versa.

1 Like

Interesting point, RW & Chord will have us believe that their 104 bit DSP is audibly superior to other implementations that use less precise floating-point arithmetic. If this is true there might be a difference you can hear. There are caveats though, first is whether this is likely to make a difference, here’s one sceptic:

The other is that the granularity of the Mojo 2’s DSP is pretty coarse compared to the convolution filters that many of us use for headphone correction in Roon, myself included. There are only a few set frequencies with no Q-values or similar, just step increments and decrements. I can see there might be an enthusiast community for sharing DSP settings for particular headphones once folk have had some time with the device.

The best advice is to have a play (presuming you have one?). Will confess am a little jealous/curious myself…

3 Likes

Just got my Mojo2 and upon connecting it to Roon, I don’t see a Mojo2 device per se… I chose the older Mojo option and it works fine. Wondering if Roon will provide an updated setting for the Mojo2 ?

Good question

It is a good question, given they provide most other Chord options I suspect that it’s just a matter of time. It’s quite new :slight_smile:

John Darko seems to like it

VLOG: Plexamp in Portugal with the Chord Mojo 2 | Darko.Audio

He does like it doesn’t he? Thanks for sharing, I do quite like a Darko video. In his position I’d have been more upset about the Heath Robinson cabling and far more delighted about the sun coming out. :slight_smile:

I can feel my resolve to not buy one been slowly chipped away …

Does Sol have an affiliate marketing link? Asking for a Friend.

Juggling three balls is my limit. Might have upgraded if it had proper PEQ with 5 bands. Still never regretted the Mojo purchase. I don’t know what I was thinking though when the same sales guy convinced me that I’d improve my life by walking around with an ALO Continental Dual Mono with tubes taped to the back of my phone! :stuck_out_tongue:

Yep, for me, that applies to portable DACs and to real juggling.

Just taken a look. Not sure about the SQ or the practicality but he might have simply sold it to me with the words “Fancy a steampunk hip flask?”. It’s quite pretty…

1 Like

I just ordered one of these. Seems like a good device to use when at the mother-in-law’s house for a week or two at a time. As it is now, I have been dragging my Meridian Prime along for the trip. I’ve settled in on Roon on my Dell and Apple Music on the iPhone when away from home. I’ll let go of Audirvana Studio.

1 Like

Had the old one for a few years. Still love it. Use it with poly and an sd card a lot out n about.

Can I charge this with my 5V, 3a iPad charger using a micro USB cable, of course?

Jim,

I think the mojo 2 has usb c for charging now, I may be wrong.

Edit. I’m wrong, micro usb for charging

Minimum 2amp recommended

I’ll plan to use my iPad 5V, 3a charger with USB C to micro USB cable. I just realized that my iPad charger uses USB C, then I realized I have a USB C to micro USB cable.

LOl. Hilarious. I take an Ibasso dx300 . A lot easier and sounds great. Moondrop s’8s.

1 Like