New QNAP QPKG for Roon release 1.3?

Hi fschmeis,
I think and I am not 100% sure about it, that Roon will display the number of imported and scanned tracks by its current process.

Let’s just say you have 350000 tracks: The identification process and also the analyzing process starts.

If you restart RoonServer now, it will continue the identification and analyzing process. But because some tracks were already identified and analyzed, the number in both processes will now be lower.
It could be that 100000 tracks were already identified and you will see for example 20(counting up) / 250000 in the process.

As the analyzing process will be slower, you will probably higher value here because not so many tracks could be analyzed as the 100000 tracks have been identified.

The analyzing part needs only be done once, and will take some time (depends on the cpu power of your device).
If you add new tracks they will of course be analyzed again

Hello Christopher,

Thank you very much for your comprehensive answer :grinning:

As my Roon installation doesn’t play any music as long as it is analyzing (both with throttled as well as 4 cores) I decided to use Tidal in the meantime … therefore reactivated my Tidal-account and entered it in Roon. May be a bad idea, now Roon started again importing something into my library and restarted analyzing … I am getting the feeling that I shouldn’t touch Roon for the next 5 days until everything has been analyzed and hopefully settled down.

Best regards
Frank

Roon plays fine for me whilst analysing. If a track isn’t analysed it does it on demand when you play it.
Chris

Hi,

I am getting more and more the feeling that my problem might be caused by a combination of ROON 1.3 and the UPnP Bridge from Sonicorbiter, will post accordingly at a different location … everything worked fine until 1.3 …

Best regards
Frank

@crieke
Just like to inform that Roon 203 with the very latest Qnap beta firmware 4.3.3.0095 build 20170216 works very well it seems.

Had problems sinc 1.3 release. Hopefully over now.
My SonicTransporter i5 though still has problem, but that is for another thread.

More related to Roon 203 i guess :slight_smile: since linux implementation improved

4.3.2 beta was already 64bit by the way, Sorry just saw was addressed to Christopher

It should run indeed better because of the RoonServer build itself. The QPKG/SPK have no changes that are related to it.
The only things that have been changed are related to logging capabilities and I switched the package version number to the build date (to prevent confusion like “Will the RoonServer QPK 1.02 install 1.3?”).
There is no requirement to install this one if everything is working fine.

I agree. It looks like its working better :smile:

A post was split to a new topic: Problems with QNAP Roon Server, Remotes and Endpoints following house move

@crieke

I just notice a new Qnap qpgk version is out (Package Version: 2017-02-02)
Is there any information somewhere what has been changed ?

I just deleted my old Roon installation on my Qnap. And installed your latest version. (Seems to be ok).

Interesting that no one has called attention to this yet. At least I have not seen anything. I just installed it as well. Seems solid.

There is no actual need for the 2017-02-02
I switched version number to a date format to prevent confusion with the installed roon version. And it has some more debugging features in case someone has an issue.
As there is nothing new, that is essential for Roon, I released them silently. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Great thanks. So there is no issue with running it then. I will continue to do so.

There is no issue with running qpkg 1.0.2 or the current 2017-02-02.
Both should perform as expected. :slight_smile:

You can also always check my GitHub account and see all developments of the qpkg (or SPK) in the commit section.

Hi Christopher

Any plans of making qpck official Qnap or some sort of automatic update ?

Or one way or another to notify users about new qpck ?

Your SW is working very well even on a HS-251, with only 2GB mem. :grinning:

(This should be a very low priority I suppose)

I contacted QNAP and Synology already in mid February. Synology did not respond since then, QNAP replied and asked about a few installation decisions. But that was also about 3 weeks ago.

Hi Chris, there is also qnapclub.eu third party store if the official route fails. I’m sure you already knew about this, though.

Hello Chris, you can contact me directly if you want to distribute your qpkg inside our repo. I’ll create a dev account for you.

christophe

A post was split to a new topic: QNAP core not seeing my USB connected Meridian Explorer