New Releases For You - Not Showing Up At All

Well, for me, the “New releases for you” section is missing, both in the desktop and in the phone application.

@support
Can you help me please?
I am using Roon 1.8 (Build 756) release on core and all devices.

Well that is weird. Mine is there on both Mac and IOS. Are you logged into Qobuz and/or Tidal properly and able to display them from their links in the main menu? If so, I’d try a reboot of your core and/or logging out and re-logging in to Qobuz/Tidal. Of course this is just a guess at how to fix that you might try before support weighs in…

Thank you for your help. I already did all those actions, but it is still not working.
I am able to browse Qobuz and Tidal, play music etc., but “New releases for you” is still missing. :slightly_frowning_face:

Time for support…:frowning:

@support
Would you please help me?

1 Like

@support
INFO: If I create a new profile, then “New releases for you” section is available. Maybe update to Roon 1.8 had somehow broke my user profile.

@support

INFO: I found a scenario to reproduce the problem:

• Go to “Home”.
  • Go to “New releases for you” section.
  • Click on “SINGLES”.
  • Select an album.
  • Use “Select All”.
  • Use “Dismiss from this list”.

At this point “New releases for you” section disappears, although the list contains “ALBUMS” (only “SINGLES” does not contain).
Probably the “New releases for you” section display is conditioned by the existence of at least one album and therefore no longer displays it. This conditioning should be eliminated.
The section must always be displayed, whether or not it contains albums.

2 Likes

Hello @DanielAvasilichioaei ,

Thank you for the report and for the clear reproduction steps, I am able to reproduce on my end.
I have notified the QA team to look into this further, thanks for bringing this to our attention!

1 Like

Great, thank you.

That was some good detective work on your part!

New releases is still missing on most days for me. just in case support thinks this issue has been resolved - not yet.

NRFY has now disappeared completely from my Home Page (iPad), very strange…

@beka is something happening in the background to solve the earlier mentioned issue of the updates not coming through very quickly, or is this a bug?

1 Like

I have the same problem. Since today “no new releases for you”.

It’s just come back again, it was gone for approx. 3 hours, how strange…
It’s still stuck on 26th February though!

1 Like

Thanks dylan.

It’s disappeared for me a few times over the past two days (that I’ve noticed after first reading this thread - could have happened before), I always return to Home from the menu.

And still on 26th Feb, although the specific Qobuz page>Grand selection is showing releases from last Friday (5th March), which I also navaigate to solely via the menu.

1 Like

Thanks @dylan
I think yesterday when I discovered this disappearing NRFY I clicked the hamburger menu and then Home.
It has happened again a couple of times since but I’m sorry, I can’t remember the sequence of events.

The main reason for the thread in the first place though was that despite Qobuz Grand Selection updating each week, NRFY doesn’t update, I’m still on 26th Feb as the most recent album.
(Same as @SimplicityCompass reports)

Just let me know if you need me to check anything out to help track it down.
Cheers
Chris

1 Like

Same here - missing ‘new releases for you’ on the Mac Core - the feature is on both iPhone and iPad apps. It really is an intermittent issue; it was fine yesterday, (and had been ok for about a week) but today has gone missing again today. Coincidentally (?) at one point today, the queue disappeared - everything, gone, nothing in the queue - rebooted Roon & the Core - queue did not come back, and that’s when the ‘new releases’ feature went missing again as well. UI & navigation issues continue to be a royal pain in 1.8

An update this morning. After turning on the gear (all equipment goes into standby mode during the night to reduce electricity consumption) Roon found the DAC but the ‘new releases’ section was still missing. Quit Roon & Tidal and rebooted the core machine (2012 i7 MacMini). Opened Tidal first, then Roon; ‘new releases’ section has returned. How long will it last? Will let you know if it disappears again.

It will disapear if you apply this scenario:
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/missing-new-releases-for-you-acknowledged/142634/10?u=danielavasilichioaei

I’ve also been having trouble with New Releases not consistently showing up on the Home Page. It did today but it required quitting all open applications (MacMini), re-starting & rebooting. (today that strategy worked - hasn’t always) Today I have New Releases. I also agree with your assessment about Valence. Most of whatever functionality Valence had seems to have died with 1.7 - I find discovery and ‘recommendations’ based on my listening to be just a reminder of similar artists I already have in my library. Seldom am I introduced to something new. Radio finds approx 10 somewhat similar artists/albums (mosts that I already am familiar with) and only offers playback selections from those. Radio was a favorite feature in 1.7 - discovered lots of new blues artists over a day once. Sound quality is still good.