New Roon user can't get ARC working

Roon Core Machine

Apple M1 Mac mini
16GB RAM

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Pace 5268ac router provided by ISP
Amplifi HD internal mesh router

1. Who is your internet service provider?
    AT&T

2. Please list the make and model of your modem and router?
    Pace 5268ac router provided by ISP
    Amplifi HD internal mesh router

3. Do you have any additional network hardware, like additional routers or managed switches?
    no

4. Does your network have any VPNs, proxy servers, or enterprise-grade security?
    no

Connected Audio Devices

Description of Issue -

What is the exact port forwarding error message you see in the Roon Settings → ARC tab?

I can’t get Roon ARC working. I enabled port forwarding to the core on the router provided by my ISP and on my internal mesh router. My Roon CORE IP is 192.168.155.4. Please help. Thanks!

{

“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},

“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“104.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},

“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},

“upnp_autoconfig”: {“server_ip”:“192.168.155.1”,“found_upnp”:true,“error”:“<s:Envelope xmlns:s="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/envelope/\” s:encodingStyle="http://schemas.xmlsoap.org/soap/encoding/\“><s:Body><s:Fault>s:ClientUPnPError<UPnPError xmlns="urn:schemas-upnp-org:control-1-0">718ConflictInMappingEntry</s:Fault></s:Body></s:Envelope>”}

}

Hi @Tommy_Tyrell,

It appears you have both port forwarding and uPnP enabled. That explains the conflict in mapping. Try disabling uPnP.

Cheers, Joost

I disabled UPnP on the Amplifi and got the this error from ARC.
{
“ipv4_connectivity”: {“status”:“NetworkError”,“status_code”:504,“error”:“error: Error: ETIMEDOUT, response code: undefined, body: undefined connected? undefined”},
“external_ip”: {“actual_external_ip”:“104.aaa.bbb.ccc”,“actual_external_ipv6”:“null”,“router_external_ip”:“null”},
“natpmp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”},
“upnp_autoconfig”: {“status”:“NotFound”}
}

Hi @Tommy_Tyrell,

Most users with the Pace 5268AC Gateway and a second downstream router have found success by following these instructions: Easiest Way to Forward Ports on the Pace Plc 5268AC Router

You’ll need to enter the web administration page for the Pace router and create both a TCP and UDP port forwarding rule that points to the Core static IP and port number listed in Roon → Settings → ARC.

You’ll then need to enter the Amplifi mesh router web administration page and create an identical port forwarding rule there, also pointing to the Core static IP and port number listed in Roon → Settings → ARC.

This is effectively “daisy-chaining” port forwarding through both routers while preventing you from exposing any of your network to the broader internet.

Here are a few threads from users with similar setups, for context:
[AT&T Fiber] Pace 5268AC Gateway, Port Forwarding Fails [Workaround - Manual Configuration]

ARC port forwarding ATT Pace router Orbi Wifi, phone app works

Please let us know if these instructions are helpful.

I followed your instructions and that fixed the issue. Thanks!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.