New streaming protocol for hifi... it’s not RAAT

A completely new protocol designed for high-end audio

Its philosophy is totally different from that of existing protocols.

Many factors affect the sound quality of audio players.
Power-supply noises generated by digital blocks on circuits significantly affect the sound quality. Usually, capacitors and inductors are placed at power sources to reduce the noises.

In this way, we can configure low-pass filters and reduce spike-like digital-specific noises.

However, as you can see from the fact that low-pass filters are used, any low-frequency fluctuation passes through.
It isn’ t necessary to filter it out because it isn’ t a noise, and you can’ t see it even if you observe it by focusing on voltage.

But, if you observe it by focusing on electrical current, you can detect noises that affect the audio frequency band of a constant cycle.

It is absolutely difficult to electrically eliminate the noises.

1 Like

Wouldn’t “absolutely difficult” mean “impossible”?

I wonder how this would improve over something like Euphony that can run as a RAAT endpoint (Target in Diretta terms) and will load everything into onboard RAM before it begins playback? In this case, there is no need to coordinate anything with the Host, Euphony gets all the packets it needs before playback, so it seems there would be no spikes in the Euphony processor during playback. I haven’t run any CPU traces on the NUC where I run Euphony but this gives me an idea of something to try.

1 Like

I wonder if ROON x Diretta is on the agenda for future ROON update/?

3 Likes