New streaming service(s) coming in 2023

Continuing the discussion from Upcoming change to Roon subscription prices (January 1st, 2023):

You heard it heart first folks, some new streaming services coming to Roon next year. Idle speculation, anyone?

4 Likes

Won’t matter to me. I’m not paying a third music streaming service. Tidal and Qobuz are probably one too many, but I can’t bring myself to drop either one. Not to mention, I also have Apple Music.

If I was into classical, a good classical service would be great.

8 Likes

Smart money would be on Deezer.

However I have never been known to be smart so…

15 Likes

Are we going to lose Tidal and Qobuz? That short remark above sounds like it!

2 Likes

Read it again. It, in no way, says or implies that.

6 Likes

No idea how you read that and came to that conclusion?

4 Likes

Just the opposite. Danny is responding to someone who was concerned about that even as an outside possibility in light of the price increase.

No. We are not losing TIDAL or Qobuz.

27 Likes

Hope one of the two is NYA.

4 Likes

My guess as well since some time ago Deezer said they were working on Roon integration.

5 Likes

I know Apple is out of the question BUT what happened to Primephonic , Apple Classical was meant to be 2023

The next may be KKBOX I suppose.

3 Likes

I am putting a Roon monthly fee on KKBOX too :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Maybe Spotify Hifi with roon license included… or the other way around… haha …

3 Likes

Nugs.net and/or LivePhish please! They both offer hi-fi streaming (cd quality)

7 Likes

nugs.net or livephish.com please! both have cd quality streaming

1 Like

Incorporating Idagio would thrill and delight me, but I’m not going to hold my breath.

11 Likes

Why is there a secret about the next streaming services? Please, dear Roon officials, say the names and we will no longer have to guess pointlessly.

7 Likes

Nobody will say before the contracts are signed, marketing strategies aligned on all sides, etc. That’s normal really

You can stop guessing pointlessly at any time, it’s up to you :slight_smile:

17 Likes

@Suedkiez my emphasis added ^^