New streaming service(s) coming in 2023

So will they remove classical music from regular app and only allow it via the new one so if you want pop/rock and classical you have to pay for both?

1 Like

Classical app will be separate app but you only have to have one Apple Music subscription to use both apps.

2 Likes

So the audio content is the same? Only the app on iPhone and I can get same content with Music app on the osx?
Thanks

Classical app will only be available at first on IPhone not IPad or MAC. Hopefully they may extend it later. (Fingers crossed).

2 Likes

That’s good giving users the choice of app to use.

1 Like

The Apple Music Classical app has more features geared towards Classical than the Music app does. Things like being able to see all of the versions of a certain movement and just more information all around.

1 Like

nice, thanks. I just got the idea, (not used iPhone in a long time) I can control iPhone from osx. So it can sit on the dac as any headless Mac

Yep .Qobuz for the house and Apple music for mobile , though i use Apple Music at home too when Qobuz doesn’t have the album.

It’s the native integration that really hurts Apple.

1 Like

Not sure it does or they would do something about it, it kind of undermines their own methods such as Airplay which helps sell its own hardware and a constant licensing revenue stream.

1 Like

No they’re working on an Android version as well. That’s what the reports say

Yes also on Android supposedly

I agree. My household is almost entirely Apple. Why?

1. Mac computers I’ve found are much more reliable than PCs. (Please no arguments here, this is just my experience.)

2. Devices work well together—iPads, iPhone, Mac, HomeKit etc.

3. Apple’s business model is not based on advertising, which means that my data is somewhat less shared than other platforms. So they can focus more on security than others.

That’s all the upside. Of course the down side is that you’re tied to a more expensive and closed environment. You choose your poison

7 Likes

I ask why the app will not be available on Ipad…still weird

In my view very correct analysis, and the reason why I try to use other alternatives at the price of more integration pains.

1 Like

Macs are more reliable. That’s what I use as my core now.

2 Likes

My MacBook Air has served me very well as Roon Core. I have replaced it with a far more powerful laptop running Linux.

Apple’s Customer Service is beyond approach for anything you might need…M/S always sent me to the
Philippines where you simply could not get by their poor english on top of a tech challenge… With Apple, none of those challenges exist…

3 Likes

But what has that got to do with Apple’s motivation for working with Roon?

Makes more sense to DIY… improve Apple Music itself.

Apple can have the metadata thing solved and hi-res Airplay solved in months if they wanted to.

Look at the Tidal app and how credits are all linked and Tidal Connect.

Apple could do all that and way more if they wanted. Hopefully it is in their plans.

Plus they have the heft to make record studios to up their hands when it comes to meta data