New streaming service(s) coming in 2023

Yes, and a few years back I seem to recall Gramophone had an agreement with Qobuz - and the links were for Qobuz…

1 Like

Found a workaround on the label thing with the Qobuz mobile app. Go to an album you know is from the label you are looking for (search for the album by its name) and then go down to the bottom of the track listing and where the label credit is (seemingly grayed out but isn’t), click that and it will bring up the entire catalog of that label.

5 Likes

Wow! Thank you for figuring out the WA.

If I had any faith that Roon would do anything about this, I’d file a feature request…

1 Like

There are plenty of requests for this already add your vote.

You’re welcome, though I can’t take credit beyond a Google search for “label search Qobuz mobile app” or something like that. It seems sometimes that all answers to everything reside within Reddit!

Yeah, not sure what Roon has against trying to do label search outside of local, or what the hurdle might be.

Same reason you can’t search for playlists either I guess.

Well, if one can search for producer, etc and all other sorts of metadata, I’m not sure why record label would be any different. Playlists I can see as a different beast.

1 Like

They are still a searchable item in qobuz so why not? And you can search for them in your library.

Q is very limited (many countries no luck). Different story with Apple Music. Its global.

…and one more thing. Apple files many times are a lot better quality than Tidal. Tidal is now very MQA-ish service, not lossless, HiFi files also form MQA sources, filter processing before file stream to you. For me poor situation especially without Qobuz in Poland for now. Apple Music for customers who use this mass-electronics and use their services natively will be very attractive option.

Yep, Deezer is very strong option. You have true 16/44 music, 1411kbps, no MQA for all files like Tidal.

1 Like

How many users are using Deezer? I’ve used it once or twice before.

Not many, but when Qobuz (less users than Deezer btw) is region limited, Deezer not - global service, Roon should support that. Apple Music in Apple Garden (only Sonos have API for now in their app and you can use it independently) - I don’t see it, but IF it will be great.

I’ve never used it

TLDR; What’s the new service?

2 Likes

Where are you located? Record label licensing is negotiated separately for each country. Here in the US, Qobuz (also Tidal and Spotify) have large catalogs for Orfeo, SOMM, and CPO, although labels may withhold some portions of their catalog from streaming.

Your comment about Trio Klengel is a search and metadata problem in the Qobuz app. Strangely, they recognize Trio Klengel as artist in the track listing but don’t show it in the overall search result.

There have been no announcements from Roon. Everything in this thread is speculation.

2 Likes

I’ve signed up with them for a year, because they have a 25% discount on that. I’ve been test driving them at work this week and am pretty content with them.

Their app is very straightforward and easy to use. They have really nice playlists, and their suggestions are on point.

The StreamMagic app of my Cambridge CXNv2 has Deezer support built in as well. Just as it also has for Qobuz and Tidal.

Even though Deezer maxes out at 16/44.1 FLAC. I don’t think that is an issue. As their sound quality is top notch on my system here. Very similar to Qobuz and Tidal.

I think Apple Music is close. If sonos can use it Roon will get it as well.

I hope so, but Apple is Apple. We will see. Deezer have multichannel margin but Apple puts on Spatial and for Roon that technology open new experience for users. Sonos with new Era 300 will monetize objective sound for many. IMO bigger thing than hi-res, MQA… Roon if want to expanse must integrate smth like this, must open for new services/tech. Tidal have maybe 3% or 2% shares, Apple - we know, second, after Spotify.

For my experience better than Tidal, similar to Qobuz (hi-res) - sometimes hear Q in Germany. I use all streamings works in Poland (pay for musicians, creators continuously, but I know that stream business is broken, not so good for them), so I can compare: Tidal, Spotify, Deezer, Apple Music directly and… AM is a king, Deezer close, Spotify and Tidal same league.