New streaming service(s) coming in 2023

Would love to give it a try, but sadly (and not unexpectedly), it is not available in my country. I wish them success and look forward to welcoming Presto Music on the South American market soon. It hopefully won’t take them as long as it took to see Qobuz touch down on this continent…

1 Like

My understand from watching his stuff is that he’s splitting his time between Berlin and Lisbon. He has a series of videos of how he is trying to update his Lisbon apartment to deal with his listening specifics. (The Lisbon apartment looks like a big, tile-lines acoustic mirror lol.)

Lord I hope so. Even if not, I’m encouraged by their roadmap and the idea of component integrations. For a new service, the app is surprisingly intuitive and useful. I’m all in.

Is there any plan to include more streaming services into Roon?
Amazon, Deezer, Spotify…

The limitation on two services is, specifically looking on the price tag, a little…let’s say with room for improvement.

I love Roon (have a lifetime license) and at the moment Tidal. Unsure, looking on MQA, if this is my future. Amazon would be creat…

1 Like

There was mention in a post last year that they would be adding new streaming services in 2023. In video, he even mentions they already had talks with Apple Music, and they are not opposed to working with roon, but there are some big technical hurdles they need to get over to make that happen. So one can assume for 2023 these streaming services do not include Apple. I believe Deezer is out since they cut off working with other parties. It’s still possible Apple Music is coming but just think they already had at least 2 other services already in the works that are just being fined tuned before released.

It’s not so much up to Roon but up to these other services. Spotify will never happen because they want to harvest your data through their app. Deezer and Apple Music like @Mike_Scheinkman wrote. Roon has talked to Amazon apparently but no details are known.

If you search the forum for the integration of streaming services you will find a hundred discussions, and further up in this thread the essentials have all been repeated already.

1 Like

Yes, folks at Presto Music obviously know how to handle classical music. It’s so wonderfully uncluttered, which also means that they don’t list mere fluff (recordings, often compilations, put together from a back catalogue and serving no need other than bumping up track numbers – I’m looking at you, Qobuz, and also Apple Music Classical).

I find myself almost exclusively listening to PM.

5 Likes

The same is true for their Jazz offerings.

2 Likes

I wish Roon would create their own music service. Almost all of the current services are away from the music focus. TIDAL, Qobuz and Apple Music just focused to music.

I was thinking that. Roon making their own music service. But I think Qobuz does a superb job.

1 Like

Reading Presto’s April update on things they are working on…I am betting they are the new service coming this year.

I had briefly looked at Volumio as well as its forum. Apparently Amazon has released its SDK to Volumio. I wonder if Roon also has access to this.

1 Like

That is only half of what needed to work, it needs database dumps, which isn’t something Volumio needs it just uses the basic api to query the Amazon database. Roon hosts its own database with Tidals and Qobuz catalogues in it, this is why you can do more in Roon with it like edit metadata and group them. Without this Roon isn’t Roon and won’t add a service. They have to share their metadata with them. This is the stumbling block with most services integrating with Roon as it’s far more advanced than the api alone. Not all are willing or have the resources to do it.

4 Likes

Yep, but Roon have to. Q is local depend, not global, and Tidal with 2% share not future proof

And what should Roon do to Amazon if they are not willing to do what’s necessary?

So far it’s been fairly clear that Roon have had no joy in persuading the “big boys” to give the catalogue access they need to drive the “Roon Experience”

Inevitably and understandably we will see the fruits of Roon’s negotiations and persuasions with any willing streaming partners as and when the 2 partners are ready to tell us.

This is yet another fruitless thread with speculation and NO information :smiling_imp:

WANT WANT WANT :joy:

5 Likes

Huh? He talks in this very video about how they are talking to the major music streaming platforms right now.

3 Likes

BUT they have been saying that for years literally , I stand by the

The Apple Music debate has been raging as long as I can remember. Along with requests for the others !!

Show me “who” and “when” and I may be convinced :smiling_imp:

5 Likes

One already dropped the ball on this months ago if you had been paying attention and it’s not western, hence why regionalisations have been pushed to better to help with foreign markets.

3 Likes

I love ROON over all, do not need anything else !! :smiling_face_with_three_hearts: :heart_eyes: :crazy_face: :two_hearts: :revolving_hearts:

1 Like