New streaming service(s) coming in 2023

Not sure it will happen but would like it to be Deezer. Like there catalogue of music available and just bagged a deal for £5.99 a month for the next 12 months off them.

1 Like

Ok, not AM’s API then, but it will be Apple Music for sure. That’s my confident guess/prediction. I never thought Apple would play ball with Tesla, but they are. I guess millions of cars on the road with 10s of millions more on the way owned by predominantly iPhone touting drivers is pretty irresistible for them. Plus that Tesla have been working with music labels to bring Dolby Atmos to their cars.

The Tesla Tidal integration is sophisticated. You can download tracks and albums in Hi-Fi lossless for listening on the go. It does sound better than Spotify for sure. IMO. But we know Apple don’t believe in lossless as much as they do in Dolby Atmos. I see a pretty sophisticated integration coming to Teslas to include lossless and Dolby Atmos. Something that Sonos doesn’t even have. I can see Roon taking advantage of this new effort from Apple to integrate its Music offerings with more 3rd parties at last.

If it’s just Deezer and other more minor streaming players, I’ll be very disappointed. It wouldn’t tempt me back to Roon. I just don’t see what Deezer has to offer. Every other service has something more than the music and music discovery. Deezer seems pointless.

Not as sophisticated as Roon’s. So far, Roon has required access to the streaming service database to facilitate all the things that Roon can do. They receive a copy from Tidal and Qobuz, which is why only these services are available.

As was already said above, this has been discussed so many times in so many threads already

But you don’t need or want a complicated app to play music whilst you are driving. It needs to be as none distracting as possible. Just a basic player with a good search facility (oh dear…). No need for anything fancier than a picture of the artist and the album. The 6+ year old jukebox in my car has that and it is more than enough.

I’m not bothered who it is as perfectly happy with what Qobuz offers me and is all I need, they care about music and are not screwing the artists. Don’t care for Apple Music, Spotify, Amazon but I guess Roon feels they need more partners. I do predict one will be a large non European/US service.

2 Likes

Of course not. Therefore, “Tesla integrated AM, so surely Roon is next to integrate AM” makes no sense because these are totally different things and requirements.

Highresaudio.com is known to provide the highest quality of streaming - so that would be a perfect fit for ROON users, which also got demanded over the years. Very much looking forward to that.

1 Like

Why is this any different to Qobuz with the same releases. When I have looked they have a decidedly small catalogue most of which seems to be readily available elsewhere.

2 Likes

I’ll take that bet.

Millions of cars vs. 250,000 Roon users is not a very convincing argument for a Roon/Apple integration.

I’m curious to know how this is “known”? It might be that they’re claiming to be careful when curating their “hand picked” offerings, but that may just be a cover for a lack of deals with labels. With only 750K albums, no mobile client, and no linux player it’s a complete dead end from my POV.

3 Likes

I’d imagine that there are some Roon users who have a bigger local library than this. :wink:

3 Likes

Uwe did, godbless him, i miss his mad posts.

5 Likes

He did indeed. Whatever happened to him?

I think he went back to Foobar

2 Likes

Sorry I have to laugh at this. Great marketing. Or do you claim that it matters whether you listen to high rez or mp3 when you are in a car? Most people can’t even hear the difference on a good stereo system. Anyway…

Sorry I misread and thought you meant hi rez.

It’s not a lack of deals, they just follow a different approach. Rather than having x millions like Amazon, Apple, Spotify which in the end contain many interpolated materials they guarantee a hand picked review / quality of every single album. You may have a look at:
https://www.highresaudio.com/en/content/qualityguarantee

2 Likes

Are you saying that their quality of streaming is demonstrably better than the quality of streaming that comes from Qobuz?

Apple should let Roon team run apple music.

3 Likes

it would be great if apple created easy to use APIs so developers could natively integrate apple music instead of airplay,

1 Like

He was one of my favorite characters on the forum and he tried so hard to make Roon work for him.
Just too many problems to stick around

3 Likes