New Update Same Problems

Sorry to be negative.

I have no new problems, as far as I am aware, but still have the same problems I have had for months and the new one since update before this one.

They are: still unable to play the first two tracks of at least two albums.

When I choose an album to play, either on Qobuz or my own, it skips the first track. I have to re-click on it and then it plays without further problems.

Also, intermittently, it is making a popping sound a la vinyl record when it changes from one track to another and it appears not to be gapless. It can take a few seconds to start playing a track despite the blue dancing towers next to the song title. I cannot be certain if this started before the current update or after it.

I listen mainly to upsampled DSD64 on the fly by HQP or cd files ripped or converted by dBPoweramp.

Hi @Knitman,

I’ve moved your post to the support section of the forum where Roon staff can investigate.

In order for Roon’s @support team to better assist you, please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so they can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

If the issues are occurring in relation to particular albums, please describe those albums.

Roon and HQPlayer are on my MBPro quad core i5. No issues with running hot, cores not even 50% use.

My music is on a Sabrent 4tb SSD ext drive.

I use an Audiolab 8300cdq DAC. It is connected via USB to a Micro rendu which is connected to my network via Ethernet, as is the MBPro.

You’ve known about both the files not not playing The last I heard was that you have the same issue with the tracks I sent you) and the having to re-click the first track a long while now. The re-click is not as old as the files not playing and doesn’t happen all of the time. It happens on both Qobuz and on m y own files. The popping noise between tracks is new as well as the appearing to not be gapless. This also is not constant.

My broadband fibre speed is 350-380mbps.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.