No album covers in Roon app for Windows7 [Resolved]

Hi,

For a while I don’t see any album covers in my Roon app for Windows7. I can see the album covers in my iPhone/iPad app.

What can I do?

Joost

HI @Joost ----- Thank you for the report and my apologies for the troubles here. To help aide in my evaluation of this issue may I kindly ask you to please provide the following:

1. The details of your current set up as seen here.

2. A screenshot(s) displaying this error on the WIndows7 device.

3. Can you verify if you have always had this issue with this device or has this come about recently?

4. Can you provide the make of the graphics card you are using in this device?

-Eric

Hi Eric,

Info is as follows:

1. Roon version: 1.2 (build 165) stable (64 bit)
    Device: HP Pavilion dv7 Notebook, i7 CPU 2,20 Ghz, 6 GB RAM, 64 bit
    Music Storage: WD MyCloud 2TB NAS
    Storage size: 9,877 tracks

I have a WiFi connection from NAS to laptop.

This is the same for music stored on my NAS and from Tidal.

1. The issue is recent; the past month or so. Before that no problem in the same app. Network and hardware configuration has not been changed. It used to work fine with same configuration.

2. Graphics card I have is AMD Radeon 7400M

Hope this is sufficient.

Best regards,

Joost

Hi @Joost ----- Thank you for the follow up and taking the time to answer my questions. Apologies for the slow response here.

May I kindly ask you to please try clearing your cache to see if we can trigger a change in behavior here. Procedure on how to do so can be found below.

1. Quit Roon (or RoonServer).
  2. Find and open your Roon or RoonServer folder.
  3. Locate and delete only the cache folder (Roon/Cache).
  4. After the cache has been cleared, reboot your core machine and then launch Roon.

-Eric

Hi Eric,

You suggested solution did not work. However, I installed today’s update which miraculously solved the problem :-).

Joost

Hi Eric,

Correction: album covers are back in Tidal content, but not in content stored on my NAS.

So problem still not completely solved.

Please advise.

Regards,

Joost

Hi @Joost — I would to grab some logs from your core machine and will be contacting you shortly via PM with instructions.

Thanks!
-Eric

Hi Eric,

Problem is now solved since the last update. I can also see the album covers from music stored on my NAS.

Joost

1 Like

Hi @Joost ---- Thank you for the follow up, glad to hear the update fixed this issue for you. Happy listening!

-Eric