No artists found

Hi,

I’m running roonserver on an Intel NUC with Ubuntu server 14.

My music is on a qnap NAS with microsoft networking enabled.

I am able to connect using the Roon app to my storage folder and I get “operation now in progress”, but despite this the app tells me “no artists found in your library”. There has been no change despite waiting several hours. It still says “operation in progress” and “no artists found…”.

What am I doing wrong?

Hi @RussM ---- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the inconvenience. I’d like to gather some more information from you in regard to your setup in order to accurately asses what may be causing this issue.

Can you please describe, in detail, your current setup. The more information we have the easier it will be for us to troubleshoot the problem. May I also ask you to please provide a screen shot of the “storage” tab found in settings as seen below, thanks!

Hi Eric,

I’m using roonserver 1.2 on an intel NUC6i3SYH running Ubuntu server 14.4.04.

Control is ipad air

My music files are on a qnap TS-119 NAS. Files are in a folder called flac, which I have pointed the app to and it seems to have no trouble connecting. There are many subfolders and I have tried drilling down to a single album folder with no success. The music collection is about 200Gb with only wav and flac files. Also using the IP address rather than the NAS name didn’t work.

Here is screenshot,

Thanks for help

@RussM ----- Thank you for the feedback and my apologies for the slow response. I’d like to gather some logs from you, so our developers can take a closer look into this issue. I will be contacting you shortly via PM with instructions. Thanks!

-Eric

@RussM @Eric Is ‘Operation now in progress’ correct, or Ubunto specific? Windows shows ‘Connected, watching for new files in real time’

Russ

9 posts were split to a new topic: Roon Server Migration issue - iMac to sonicTransporter i5