Roon Core Machine

Apple Mac Intel 2015 Model

Networking Gear & Setup Details

Bt Hub 6

Connected Audio Devices

NIL

Number of Tracks in Library

Description of Issue

I have been using Roon over the last year with no issues and enjoying the experience.

Over the last month I have been having major issues with no Audio Devices being found.

I have the roon core running on my mac and my music is on an external La Cie Hard Drive.
Most of the time on my mac everything works fine running the Roon Ap I can see the audio devices. However if I use my iphone or ipad to access my4 endpoints no audio devices are listed.

Other times there will be no audio devices listed anywhere.

It seems to be happening since roon updates a few weeks ago.

It can be resolved by various methods of switching wi fi on and off or restarting machines or router.

Over the last 11 months everything was flawless. can anyone please help me before the mac is chucked out of the window LOL

Brian

Audio devices are discovered over the network, so in all likelihood this will be a network issue. This fits the picture:

How are all your devices connected on the network and do you have any network gear apart from the BT Hub?

Mac with core is hard wired ethernet to router.
All other’s devices connect by wifi.

Have not added any new software av or firewall .

Just all started happening over last few weeks.

Brian

And there are occasionally no audio devices available on the Mac either? What’s the macOS version?

Wondering if somehow related to this

This topic was automatically closed 45 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.