No audio devices found new issue since 1.8

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number) Win10/i5, 16gb/Roon 1.8 build 756 64bit
Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet) UNIFI USG 3P router, 3 wifi AP’s Audio Devices
Windows 10 Core as endpoint, multiple wifi endpoints (hifiberry, Chromecast, iOS) Description Of Issue: Roon displays a “No audio devices found” while all audio devices are visible and enabled in settings/audio, see screenshot:
Restart of Roon core solves the problem, then it appears again randomly.

4 Likes

I have the same issue, hopefully there is a fix

2 Likes

I probably have the same issue. Roon server and Roon client running on same windows 10 PC. So I assume there should not be any network issues. “No audio devices found” but showing several on the same PC. See screen shot attached. Even after shutting down and restarting server not working.

I currently cannot use Roon at all??

Same issue.
Roon can`t find my DAC.
After rebooting the core it is ok - until next stopp of musik session.

I have the same issue. No audio devices are found, although they are clearly visible in settings. I cannot play any music at all. And have no idea what to do. Roon bragged about how wonderful version 1.8 is for several days before releasing it, and then abruptly the music stopped. Please fix this.

4 Likes

Well I’m kinda glad i checked here… exact same issue for me.

Core is running on a Windows 2012 server, endpoint is a Dragonfly Cobalt. No matter what it is connected to, Ipad or Windows 10 laptop, it will initially work and then if removed and reattached, or Roon is restarted it will become unavailable until the Roon server is rebooted.

Same here - but it’s interestingly only happening on the windows 10 client - on all other clients no problems at all. After rebooting the Core on my NUC the output device on the windows pc is working again.

This is also happening with my Nucleus+ no longer finding my attached Oppo UDP-205 via USB, the Roon Ready over WiFi, or my phone as an endpoint. A Nucleus+ reboot will re-link, but if I turn off the DAC at night, it can’t be located until another Core reboot.

Same here. Insanely annoying. I get that people are angry at whining people who say they want buttons in a certain colour or album art bigger or whatever, but honestly, really… having been a customer for years and years - and an ardent supporter and fan of Roon - they have never, in all the versions, broken it. I have invested thousands in custom hardware as advised by Roon for optimal operation, and now can’t even play a single song.

The following is taken from Roon’s own page advising against downgrading (in my case back to 1.7, their last working release)

Our team does extensive testing to ensure these changes are safe and stable, so that each new version of Roon installs smoothly across our entire customer base, whether they started using Roon last week, or years ago.

I wish that were true. Endless users reporting the same issue. Please look into this. I should have six zones working, rather than a NUC that now seems to serve as nothing but an expensive paperweight.

2 Likes

In my case it happens with all clients - forgot to mention in the original post

Same issue with macbook + dragonfly when roon core is on desktop. Quick fix s that I need to edit device and reload defaults. Getting no music showing that it is playing (but in screenshot it is)

I’m having the same problem. I having to restart my Nucleus every day because outputs keep disappearing.strong text

There is a ticket in for this issue… @moderators sticky please!

Same. Restart nuc Roon server software from admin interface also fixes temporarily. Issue since 1.8 upgrade.

I am in the same boat. See Chromecast and airplay endpoints, but not the Topping DX7s connected to my main PC. (server = 1.8 (build 756) stable, running on QNAP). No amount of server restarts brings it back, and that’s where I do 90% of my roon listening. Pretty underwhelming.

Same Issue, DAC gets randomely recognized (or not). When it does get recognized and i start to play an album, the bottom bar shows “nothing playing”, and i cannot see and skip tracks.

Hi, same problem here. I run rock on a nuc attached to a Marantz HD dac1. Every time I shut down the dac and starting again, roon fails find the dac. Restarting roon software solves the problem everytime, so not random. I hope there will be a fix soon.

Same issue here. My Chord Hugo is no longer recognised and the Roon Core now has to be restarted each time. Same for other endpoints on the network which I cannot now turn off overnight without the risk of losing access the next day - and the behaviour isn’t even consistent.

Up until this release, I was very impressed by Roon and it’s apparently faultless audio implementation. Now, I am somewhat concerned that the team have prioritised the wrong things in this release. Losing access to music and DACs is not a minor issue!

3 Likes
2 Likes

That is a different issue. This is the device is missing from the ‘‘devices’’ list in the setting, not the zone choice menu.

(edit: They may of course be intertwined :slight_smile: .

1 Like