No audio devices found new issue since 1.8

same problem here since 1.8

Has Roon done something? it is now the second consecutive day when zones are not disappearing anymore

All Apple Mac and iOS devices too

1 Like

Same problem. HELP.

Just adding to the chorus that Iā€™m suffering this same issue, mostly with audio interface connected directly to the Mac. Itā€™s maddening. Would really appreciate some sort of status update from Roon on whatā€™s happening and an ETA for a fix here.

Nothing can be done by the Roon community. It requires ACTION by the Roon developers.

Only they can investigate, work out and resolve these problems.

Not even sure if they actually read these community blogs of users talking among themselves !

Support does read the community posts and take action where appropriate. This is a duplicate of the issue I logged and Roon Labs acknowledged and opened a ticket. A link to the original thread was provided above by @wizardofoz.

Excellent. What would really help remove some of the anger, frustrations and heat with so many users would be a status page pined by Roon developers stating what issues are noted and estimated project time line to resolve.

Not difficult. Communication is a free resource and shows that Roon has everything well in hand, rather than a drip feed of information with some users in the know and most not.

Problem is still not solved.

I have been experiencing the same lost endpoint problems. I didnā€™t have any problems with 1.8 until this week. I have my Core on a NUC 8i5bek and I use a variety of RPi-based endpoints, mostly Allo products. I can see and enable all of my endpoints in the Settings/Audio section. However, when I try to play music, several of my endpoints are not available on the menu. The ones that are available sometimes drop out.

Also, the Now Playing feature sometimes does not corespond with what is actually playing.

My two year + Roon experience has been pleasantly trouble-free up to this point. Iā€™m glad to see that Iā€™m not alone with this problem but this appears to be a major new glitch that probably could have been avoided and needs to be fixed. Hopefully, soon.

Same issue here. Roon currently useless until you at roon fix it.

QNAP user hereā€¦ Is there a way to restart the Roon process (or one of its associated processes) to get my audio zones to reappear in my clients? I canā€™t continue restarting my QNAP every time the zones disappear.

1. Go to the App Center
  2. Stop Roon Server
  3. Start Roon Server

grafik

Same Problem here with allo digione on a pi4 with ropieeexl. I can enable it in settings but cant select it in a audio zone. Complete BS get it working people.

Oh dear. You gotta believe meā€¦ that option wasnā€™t there when I was trying everything. No alcohol or other medicinals were involved.

Thanks!

In settings I can see it.
But it does not work.

Info: Roon rock on Intel NUC i 7

External HDD and SSD connected directly to the Core

Mac mini as remote only.

IOS Big Sur

No further devices

On 1.8 I am having to restart my core daily in order to show audio devices.

I would appreciate if some Roon staff could give us a few informations:
Are they working on it?
What`s the status quo?
The perspective?
Why is there no communication?

I have the same problem, Mac mini as server running 756, has a Hugo2 attached via USB and it disappears every time I stop the music. Have to restart Roon on the server to get it to see the Hugo2 again.

Iā€™m having the exact same issue as well.
Windows roon core on a server. a windows roon client will not allow/show itā€™s local zone playback.