No audio devices found new issue since 1.8

+1.
Core running on a Nas Synology, RopieeeXL on a RPI (+DAC), Roon Client on Mac OSX & Android 11.
I remember that all was ok on the first few days of 1.8. This strange behaviour happened few days later. But maybe my memory’s playing with me…

Same problem here. Running core on Rock (NUC 10i7), but only with Windows 10 client so far. Chromecast and Linux based audio devices not affected so far.

Same problem – enabled but non-working audio devices requiring a core reboot. Core is on Win 10, multiple client types.
Looking forward to a patch to fix the audio gremlins!

Same issue, and after receiving all of the emails announcing the changes I strongly recommend when this bug is fixed that Roon sends everyone an explanation to avoid everyone having to seek a solution.

I just uninstalled Roon and then reinstalled it and everything showed up and is working. Maybe some of us got a botched update?

HI!
there are working on it.
Further infos here:

R.G.

I have still the same Problem. No Audio Devices shown in Audiosettings.
So I can’t make any Audio settings.
Yesterday it was still fine.

ROON 1,8
ROON Core on Macmini OS Yosemite
ROON Remote on MacbookPro OS El Capitan
Audio Device: LINN Selekt DSM

Please fix it. Thank you.

Now this is just great!
after 3 days without this problem, today it’s back.
But at restart, I get this beauty: There was an issue loading your database. Don’t worry. Roon staff is ready to help, etc
I’m not sure if support is tracking this thread or should I open a separate one for this new issue?
LE - I opened a new support ticket. Will track the time until Roon actually solves this - since this renders this paid service unuseable I expect compensation.
https://community.roonlabs.com/t/1-8-new-issue-there-was-an-issue-loading-your-database-dont-worry-etc/146155

I am very happy I found this thread.

After years of trouble free Roon I migrated to Roon 1.8 (which I like) BUT have continually interrupted service as the Endpoints drop out and are recorded as “Enabling” in Settings>Audio.

System:
Roon Nucleus connected to network and modem by ethernet cable
2 x USB (Mytek Brooklyn DAC+ and Oppo HA1) and HDMI (Denon 4520 AVR) direct from Nucleus
NAD 3020D and Schiit Jot connected by USB to computer which is on same network

Note: My Sonos systems don’t ever seem to drop out and being “enabling”, but I don’t use them much.

Each of the Brooklyn DAC, Denon AVR, NAD 3020D and Schiit Jot randomly (and very frequently) drop out.

I have changed ethernet cables and reboot Nucleus countless times and also re-boot the network. All to no avail.

Looking forward to any guidance or hearing of a solution.

Cheers

Today I have downgraded ROON and ROON-Server to the old Version and it works fine,
Im waiting for an new update 1.8.

how do you do that?

Hello Dan,

I have Systemcopies of all my machines on external drives.

oh… so you basically revert windows to an earlier state when 1.7 was installed?

…not the whole system. I have restored only the ROON-Apps 1.7 from my systemcopy.
But I have Mac OS.
Perhaps anayone could upload the old Windows Version an you can revert to it,

1 Like

Sam issue, running roon 1.8 on ubuntu in a docker container. Annoying.

Apologies for the trouble, everyone. We’ll be keeping everyone up to date in this post: