No audio signal

Hello, I’m using Roon with a Lampizator DAC and Lampizator computer fore core. I’m struggling with getting rune to operate. Everything looks fine but I get no sound. The purple light is on, I know the system works I’ve checked everything else. I just can’t figure out why nothing is playing with Roon. Can you assist?
JB
"

Thanks for the report, @Brian_Saul!

May I kindly ask that you please provide a brief description of your current setup using this link as a guide.

Make sure to describe your network configuration/topology, including any networking hardware currently in use, so we can have a clear understanding of how your devices are communicating.

Can you confirm that this behavior is only happening with the Lampizator DAC? If you play directly to a remote device do you have the same experience?

Everything looks fine but I get no sound. The purple light is on

To clarify the above, does Roon appear to be playing? Is the slider progressing as it would normally?

Regards,
Dylan

Hi Dylan, thanks for the quick response. I am running the latest version of Roon ( I believe). The operating system is Linux which resides on the Core computer which is a Lampizator Komputer.
The amount of songs is 25,500 most of which are on Komputer. The remainder are on external hard drive‘s. The purple light is on and the slider bar is moving and appears to be moving through songs. Problem is there is no audio.

Thanks for the additional details, @Brian_Saul!

Moving forward, I’d like to get a little more information regarding your networking setup so I can gain some additional insight into how everything is communicating. May I ask that you please verify the following:

• What kind of router are you using. Any other networking hardware (switches or access points)?
  • Is you Core connected via Ethernet? What about your DAC?

As mentioned above, can you confirm whether or not this is happening with any other endpoints?

Are you able to play to the DAC outside of Roon?

Regards,
Dylan

Hi Dylan, I got Roon to work tonight. Changed Ethernet cable and voila! Works. Now I don’t have Tidal but I will contact them for support. Thanks for your help!!

1 Like