No “channel layout” on HDMI OPPO or NAD 758

Core Machine (Operating system/System info/Roon build number)
Mac Mini MAC OS 10.15.7 Roon 1.7 build 667

Network Details (Including networking gear model/manufacturer and if on WiFi/Ethernet)
Ethernet from Apple Extreme to NAD T758 BluOS , AND separate Ethernet to OPPO UHD-203 (HDMI to NAD 758)

Audio Devices (Specify what device you’re using and its connection type - USB/HDMI/etc.)
NAD T758 V3 ETHERNET, OPPO UHD-203 ethernet HDMI out to NAD T58 V3, HDMI out KEF LS50 Wireless II

Description Of Issue
I want to enable 5.1 channel layout to send directly from Roon to NAD T758 V3, no option on setting menu, downmixes 5.1 to 2.0.

At the moment have to put 5.1 mixes on thumb drive connected directly to OPPO to send to NAD via HDMI, if direct to NAD not possible at least be able to enable 5.1 channel layout on OPPO to send direct from Roon that way.

BlueOS does not support multichannel. I have heard rumors of this changing.

Only 2.0 support for OPPO using Ethernet and RAAT:

AFAIK OPPO went out of the CD/DVD/BD player market before a solution could be found.

THANKS FOR THE RESPONSES, LOOKS LIKE WE CAN CLOSE THIS THREAD, I SEE MY ISSUE IS SOLVED/HAS NO SOLUTION.

Bernard

This topic was automatically closed 36 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.